Elite Social Hour (Sky Lounge) and Morning Coffee (Tuscan Grille)

Iluvcruising2

There has been quite a bit of talk about Elite perks, the evening social hour, the morning coffee etc. We tried Celebrity for the first time and we were recognized as Elite members thanks to the reciprocal arrangement in place with Royal Caribbean.

Evening social hour in the Sky Lounge.

nf1cpi.jpg

Morning Coffee at the Tuscan Grille

2h7dwfp.jpg

Overall, we enjoyed these events. However, on balance, we still preferred to have a dedicated Diamond Lounge.

Check out my blog post where I have put up more pictures of the Evening social hour and the morning coffee.

http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogspot.sg/2013/12/celebrity-silhouette-elite-social.html

Just what I've been looking for!! September will only be our third Celebrity cruise but we're D+ on RCCL so was wondering what the reciprocal benefits would be. Of course, since the changes were made I don't know where we will stand and can't seem to find out on the Celebrity website.

Thanks for posting this. Now I REALLY am excited about September!!

Just what I've been looking for!! September will only be our third Celebrity cruise but we're D+ on RCCL so was wondering what the reciprocal benefits would be. Of course, since the changes were made I don't know where we will stand and can't seem to find out on the Celebrity website.

Thanks for posting this. Now I REALLY am excited about September!!

D+ will still have Elite level benefits, the reciprocity agreement does not extend higher than Elite to Diamond or vice versa. Above that stays at Diamond or Elite unless/until you earn the higher level by actual cruises taken on each line.

We loved both the Cocktail hour and the Coffee Break. Great benefits for the Elite club level! We became Diamond on RCCL and therefore Elite on Celebrity but since we discovered Celebrity, we have not been back to RCCL to experience the Diamond lounge!

Without the dedicated Diamond and Concierge Lounges (you can use the Concierge if you are D+) on Royal, I would think that Celebrity Elite perks are better overall.

We have only used the dedicated D-Lounge once and that was on the Legend of the Seas in March 2013. We liked it very much, though we recognized that this cruise out of Singapore was different from many cruises out of USA or Europe because there were very few Diamonds on board. This made the lounge a very peaceful place to be in.

http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogspot.sg/2013/09/diamond-club-lounge-royal-caribbean.html

However, I must also say that Royal's ships tend to be a lot more crowded than Celebrity's. So having a quiet lounge on the Legend was a great perk. The Silhouette, even though she carried a full load of 2,800+ pax during our cruise, never really felt crowded.

Both lines are very good, with their core product targetted at different market segments.

I was surprised to see the photo of a buffet-like spread at the Elite event. My experience has been with waitstaff who passes hot and cold canapes, etc. around on trays and no self-serve snacks at all.

The things on the buffet, however, don't look as nice as the spread in Diamond lounge.

I agree that the Elite coupons are way better than the Diamond ones, but I think the Diamond lounge is better than the Elite gathering, too.

Edited by Kellie Poodle

I was surprised to see the photo of a buffet-like spread at the Elite event. My experience has been with waitstaff who passes hot and cold canapes, etc. around on trays and no self-serve snacks at all.

The things on the buffet, however, don't look as nice as the spread in Diamond lounge.

I agree that the Elite coupons are way better than the Diamond ones, but I think the Diamond lounge is better than the Elite gathering, too.

As somebody else has pointed out, the buffet spread was the morning coffee break and not the evening social hour. You are right that there was no such buffet spread in the evening. A waiter would bring a tray of canapes around.

Great pictures, thanks for posting. We are also Elite thanks to the reciprocity with C&A where we are D+. I have to admit that we don't go to the Diamond Lounge or the Elite breakfast, but agree that Elite coupons are better than the Diamond ones. Love the Internet minutes and laundry coupons, especially on longer itineraries. :):)

Great pictures, thanks for posting. We are also Elite thanks to the reciprocity with C&A where we are D+. I have to admit that we don't go to the Diamond Lounge or the Elite breakfast, but agree that Elite coupons are better than the Diamond ones. Love the Internet minutes and laundry coupons, especially on longer itineraries. :):)

We're with you. The only Concierge lounge that we really enjoyed on RCI was the Oasis and Allure due to the made to order lunch offered daily. With the Premium drink package we stay away from the evening cocktail event. :)

I recently got my welcome to the club explaining the new levels and benefits and it stated that elite + is closer than you think. The first new benefit listed was the Complimentary Captain's Club cocktail hour. I thought I already had it, does this mean they are taking it away from us long time Elite members?:(

Royal Princess, 10/18/14 Canada/NE, HAL 56 days, RCCL 104 points, NCL 28 days, Princess 214 days, Royal 14 days, Cunard 49 days, Celebrity 570 points

I recently got my welcome to the club explaining the new levels and benefits and it stated that elite + is closer than you think. The first new benefit listed was the Complimentary Captain's Club cocktail hour. I thought I already had it, does this mean they are taking it away from us long time Elite members?:(

Royal Princess, 10/18/14 Canada/NE, HAL 56 days, RCCL 104 points, NCL 28 days, Princess 214 days, Royal 14 days, Cunard 49 days, Celebrity 570 points

According to the web site it's still there for Select and above.