Mother of all Hurricanes is forming!

At the rate they are going, they will soon run out of names. There are only 26 letters ya know.

They frequently have to start over at a A again. It is not unheard of.

This is not true for the Atlantic.

According to the information posted here, the most number of named storms of any year from 1961 to 1995 is 19.

Now the Western Pacific is a different story. They do frequently have more than 26.

Theron

I'm sailing on 9-17. By that time, the Hurricane names will probably be used up, and with my luck, I'll run into Hurricane AArdvark. Just escaped Dennis...but only a hundred miles or so. Sigh.

LOL that's better than Hurricane Llama! :D

I am, selfishly I admit, hoping that this year's active season will lead to a very quiet season next year (for our honeymoon). I know it is selfish...

You are being "long term selfish".. whereas I am being more "short term selfish". I'm hoping that all this early season activity is enough to drive the price down on MY cruise in late October! :D

Your countdown says you leave a year from tomorrow, does that mean you are getting married a year from today? If so, congratulations! It's your (-1) anniversary! ;)

Theron

I live in Florida and got hit by three hurricanes last year. To be selfish, I wish all future hurricanes went someplace other than Florida. Those on cruises get to go to other ports where we just have our houses ruined. I'd rather be cruising.

Katie

I live in Florida and got hit by three hurricanes last year. To be selfish, I wish all future hurricanes went someplace other than Florida. Those on cruises get to go to other ports where we just have our houses ruined. I'd rather be cruising.

Katie

Yes, I think you are the least selfish of us all. It's fun to kid around, but it's also important to remember that many folks went and are still going through a very difficult time.

Theron

This is not true for the Atlantic.

According to the information posted here, the most number of named storms of any year from 1961 to 1995 is 19.

Now the Western Pacific is a different story. They do frequently have more than 26.

Theron

You are correct and I stand corrected. This was the Pacific.

Anyway.. I stand by the other thing I said, that a lot of the concern can be pretty alarmist.

It is really hard to predict what will happen with each individual hurricane. I get sort of ftustrated with all the "OH NO LOOK WHAT'S COMING NEXT" threads posted here. Everyone gets into a panic and worries and many of them do not affect cruises at all. Some do and some do badly but it is really hard to tell which ones are going to be bad news. I used to live in Northwest Florida and well remember a hurricane popping through in June (I cannot remember the name of it but it was the same year as Opal).

Watch them and think about it but don't let the worry take over.

I agree...why do people have to start these "Alarmist" threads just to add more anxiety and frustration...people...just go with the flow because we have no control of mother nature...All we can do is deal with the problem if/when it arises......

Anyway.. I stand by the other thing I said, that a lot of the concern can be pretty alarmist.

Yes indeed! I guess some people just need something to talk about. :) All my cruises have been during hurricane season. One was diverted, but it was a great time anyway. The only serious risk is that a storm hits a port of departure on turnover day, which did happen last year. Someone posted a picture of the port of Miami about 2 days later, when they could finally get back in, they were lined up as far as you could see!

Theron

Archived