New Menu Thoughts?

lrockwitt

Just got off the Glory after doing a B2B. One week old menus and one week new menus. I thought New Menu much better. Did not care for the sharing bit. Great desserts. Steak was delicious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

short and sweet, but appreciate the feedback. Doing the b2b gives a unique way of looking at it. What are your thoughts about it flustering the wait staff? Anything noticable?

I will wait till I experience the new menus in person, but I am skeptical. Being a vegetarian, they seem to have discontinued my favorites (fruit soups, cheese plates, etc).

The emphasis on steaks does nothing for me. I can't even get an answer about what soups and appetizers are vegetarian. I wouldn't think they need to hide the ingredients.

I guess I'll wait and see.......

We did not fe that the wait staff was flustered. We shared a table early dinning with 6 others. Al had positive things to say. When ordered more than one entree, appetizer or dessert, it was brought out together. We had a wonderful waiter and asked us if we wanted to try other foods? The Calamari was delicious and we had each night for an appetizer. Cream chilled soups were served in a glass like a smoothie.my husband loved them.

I'm trying to keep an open mind but the increase with mushrooms (one dd and I allergic), and a lot of seafood, DH allergic, causes me concern. One DD is vegetarian, the one who can't eat mushrooms. Other is gluten free. Desserts are a disappointment, if we wanted pie I would make myself or go to diner. Not exactly what I'm used to for cruise desserts. Lack of soups also a concern.

I hope they make some changes before Liberty in May.

Just got off the Glory after doing a B2B. One week old menus and one week new menus. I thought New Menu much better. Did not care for the sharing bit. Great desserts. Steak was delicious

Thanks for sharing your experience! I am more and more grateful with each one of these reviews that I read that I am not a vegetarian, picky eater, or have issues with "icky" foods, lol! I am way looking forward to the new menu and since we only ever get 2 tops, am not worried about that sharing thing either :D

I don't see much I would like on the new menus at all. I find the idea of sharing kind of gross too. If one orders pie and gets the whole thing is it pre cut?Who serves it?

I feel as a vegetarian I am being forced into eating at the buffet.

Although we have cruised on Disney and Royal we prefer the food on Carnival. It seems now is a good time to expand our horizons.

I don't see much I would like on the new menus at all. I find the idea of sharing kind of gross too. If one orders pie and gets the whole thing is it pre cut?Who serves it?

I feel as a vegetarian I am being forced into eating at the buffet.

Although we have cruised on Disney and Royal we prefer the food on Carnival. It seems now is a good time to expand our horizons.

Sharing doesnt bother me as long as others at table have good manners.

Been wondering about that one too.

Predict this will disappear by this time next year. Its not for us or any of our friends who cruise frequently.

Hopefully the new menu has hot food as we have sent on average 3 a week back (on last 3 trips) as they were barely warm or just plain cold. Once it took 3 times to get it hot on our last cruise.

Predict this will disappear by this time next year. Its not for us or any of our friends who cruise frequently.

Hopefully the new menu has hot food as we have sent on average 3 a week back (on last 3 trips) as they were barely warm or just plain cold. Once it took 3 times to get it hot on our last cruise.

We shall see how well they execute this. On the Dream last week and thought our food came out timely even allowing for us to be as far from the galley as possible.

Lucky you won't go hungry! :)

Amen!! Who wants to cruise and go hungry??!! Not this chick! I cannot wrap my mind around the posts where someone comes back from a cruise and "couldn't find anything to eat" on the MDR menu. Heck, I'm seeing those posts now from people who have just perused the new menus and haven't even tried the food (nor would they).

To each his own, but if I am a picky eater, I'm not spending several hundred to a few thousand dollars to go somewhere that I can't enjoy what at least some of that money is going towards, the food.

Edited by Vanessa L

I really really don't like sharing dishes. If other have bad habits or touch food with fingers the whole selection if tainted. I will be sailing the dream in feb and will get a chance to try the new menus. To me the dining room is a fine dining experience that I don't get at home. I like table clothes and being served my foods. I would not like to share a dish esp with people I don't know and who might have smaller children that might not be coordinated to help themselves to shared dishes in a sanitary manner.

debkjw

I don't want to share either.......we've already heard about the guy taking almost all the calamari..........I see people frequently coughing into their hand, or rubbing their nose......I don't want to share utensils with them......

The reason I don't eat at the buffet is because of how sloppy people are about serving themselves.....I can't count the number of times that someone has drug the back of the serving spoon through the food already on their plate......now imagine that they are getting a 2nd helping of that shared side and they've already been eating from their plate.........just gross.