Chef's Table???

Paradisefound619

Good Christmas Morning!

We just found out we will be doing the Chef's Table on our upcoming cruise on the Fantasy which begins tomorrow!!!

Not a lot of time to search for this answer, which I know is probably on the boards somewhere but what type of shoes are allowed? I feel like I remember reading no heels because you go in the kitchen. Also, what about open toes? We are flying out early tomorrow morning and I only have tennis shoes and open toed sandals packed (we are only taking carry ons). Do I need to bring some closed toe flats too? What is the dress code? More formal? Dress?

Thanks you! Julie

Merry Christmas

The chefs do ask that you wear closed toed shoes in the galley, the floors can be slippery and there is a lot going on in the galley as you are in there during dinner service. We have done the dinner 3 times now and I have seen high heels and sandals. ( I had sneakers on for the galley tour and changed for dinner).

dress can go from dress shorts to suits.. I choose to stay in the middle ground, dress pants and nice top ... what are you wearing for elegant night... you could re do that..

enjoy the dinner ... it is a great expereince

I had heard that photographs were not allowed, but our chef on the Legend didn't mind them. There were about five of us taking pictures throughout the dinner. I'd bring your camera and ask during the galley portion of the dinner.

At our chefs table they did request no heels and closed toes shoes...that said I saw people with both. I wore like the flat ballet slipper type shoes and nice pants and a nicer top. Cameras were allowed but no pictures in galley. The food is amazing and the experience was awesome...like a previous posted said...go hungry, you will be stuffed!!!

• 2 weeks later...

The Chef's Table was an awesome experience! Totally worth it for the food alone! I wore close toed, flat shoes Nd was the only female to do so in our group of 12. I was glad I did though, it was listed on our invite, felt like the respectful thing to do. I get it, however, if you didn't bring the appropriate shoes and booked after you boarded. I only had close toed flats along because we booked ahead of time!

Took pictures, but tried to be quiet about it and not annoying. Nothing was listed anywhere about photographs so I again tried to be respectful. We did each receive an 8x10 of our whole group with the chef....so cool!

Let me know if you have question! Great experience!