Breakaway Fireworks

kato92

I was not in a stern balcony but a port balcony aft in the last angled balcony. The fireworks were shot off from above ...directly above us. I thought it was very cool and I was impressed...they also scared me but that was part of the thrill! This was on 11/24/13 sailing.

coka

We watched from Deck 8, port, not all the way aft and it was perfect!

My 9th deck cabin was directly above Cagney's exit to the waterfront on deck 8. Were you in that same location? I wonder if they shoot them from the same location each sailing.

Coka

Edited by coka

My 9th deck cabin was directly above Cagney's exit to the waterfront on deck 8. Were you in that same location? I wonder if they shoot them from the same location each sailing.

Coka

It's the same place on every cruise. The firework storage area and firing apparatus are located above Spice H2O.

The aft facing balcony cabins are a less than ideal place to see the fireworks. You really ought to go to the pool area to see the show.

It was too crowded. As the ship passes, you can see the fireworks from an aft-facing balcony. The fireworks were, at most, 5 minutes long - I'm thinking more like 3 minutes, or maybe it was just my sailing.

It was too crowded. As the ship passes, you can see the fireworks from an aft-facing balcony. The fireworks were, at most, 5 minutes long - I'm thinking more like 3 minutes, or maybe it was just my sailing.

The first photo shows the finale. For what it is, a fireworks show aboard a moving ship in the middle of the ocean, I think it is pretty spectacular. Just providing a counterpoint :) You need to take into account that the ship sails off-course for a period of time so that the winds across the deck are perpendicular to the ship's length to blow away any stray embers that may otherwise find their way back aboard. Thus, when the fireworks burst, the various stars and streaks fall tend to gather away from the ship. Refer to the second photo below. In terms of perspective, this means that viewing the fireworks from forward, rather than parallel to the wind as it is at the stern, will make them appear somewhat fuller. The pool area gets crowded towards the aft end, but the forward end still has enough room to move around. I was able to set up a tripod and had ample space around myself on both of my Breakaway cruises. I clocked it at nearly 6 minutes in duration on my two cruises, so perhaps it's just you.

DSC_2420.jpg.5f3f65e45cf28ead4d285b994adb336e.jpg

DSC_2409.jpg.291e0ec54bb90db6a8b897fb5cc4a13d.jpg

You need to take into account that the ship sails off-course for a period of time so that the winds across the deck are perpendicular to the ship's length to blow away any stray embers that may otherwise find their way back aboard. Thus, when the fireworks burst, the various stars and streaks fall tend to gather away from the ship.... In terms of perspective, this means that viewing the fireworks from forward, rather than parallel to the wind as it is at the stern, will make them appear somewhat fuller.

Learn something new everyday! Thanks for the tip :)

Maybe I am missing something, but can anyone remember what night and at what time are the fireworks on the Bahamas Breakaway?

I have watched the fireworks from Spice on the maiden voyage to Bermuda in May 2013. Just watched from our mid-ship balcony on deck 9 - December 22 sailing.

In May the fireworks were about 11PM. In December they were at 9:15.

Both displays were anywhere from 10-15 minutes long.

We did not watch them in October on the maiden voyage to the Bahamas but I think the timing was closer to 10PM.

I am guessing that the timing has to do with month and sailing position to be sure it is dark enough.