Infomercial about Carnival cruise to Cozumel Mexico

pma29223

There is a Infomercial that comes on thrying to sale a four night or five nightCarnival cruise to Cozumel Mexico. The vacation package also includes a couple of days stay in Fl. The package is being sold for $149.00 per person . Has anyone seen this infomercial, or has purchased this package? Has anyone recently got back from this particular cruise? What do you think about this?

It's a timeshare presentation.

And the "fabulous hotel" is usually a run down Ramada in the industrial part of town.

And the "complimentary" rental car doesn't include a litany of fees and surcharges.

And the cruise might turn out to be only available during a 2 week window in the middle of hurricane season, in a bunk room and from a less than convenient port of embarkation.

I caught that infomercial by accident once. I waited until it gave a website address, and when I went to it, I did all the searching and reading it allowed me to do.

I read for MAYBE 2 minutes, and by that time, I knew it was a scam. It's one of those you have to book 120 days out, etc..

It has steel drum bands. How accurate can it be??

Accuracy not required to sell these packages. There's another infomercial around offering the trip of a lifetime, on a "THREE night cruise to Cozumel aboard Carnival, the most LUXURIOUS cruise line in the world" while Kathy Lee Gifford era videos are played. It's awful.

There is a Infomercial that comes on thrying to sale a four night or five nightCarnival cruise to Cozumel Mexico. The vacation package also includes a couple of days stay in Fl. The package is being sold for $149.00 per person . Has anyone seen this infomercial, or has purchased this package? Has anyone recently got back from this particular cruise? What do you think about this?

I just watched said infomercial, and just for grins I called the number. This is what I found out:

Hotel stay:

They told me you stay in a "Resort". So I asked if you had to listen to a timeshare presentation, and they said " There is a 60-90 minute tour of the property."

Then I said "60-90 minute tour is really a timeshare presentation, isn't it?"

She says "Yes it is." I didn't even ask the name of the property because I didn't care.

Next I asked about the port taxes and fees.

She told me "These are government fees that we have no control over. They are charged by the government for going on an international cruise."

Me: "So how much are they?"

Her: "$199.00 per person."

Me: "Why so much?"

Her: "They are set by the Government, so we have no control over them"

Me: "But if I book a 4 nighter to Cozumel direct with Carnival, the port taxes are only $69.00 per person. Why are yours so much more?" (I did my research beforehand)

Her: "Just a minute, let me check"

On hold for a couple minutes

Her: "They are that high because there is more than 1 stop." By this time my SCAMDAR was on full alert, so I didn't even bother to tell her that their 3 night cruise only stopped in Cozumel

Me: "So what category cabin is this?"

Her: "It is an inside cabin."

Me: "What category inside? The entry level inside cabin has upper and lower bunks. If I go with my wife, I don't think she will like that sleeping arrangement."

Her: "Just a minute please."

On hold a few more minutes, then a "supervisor" comes on

Him: "I understand you have some questions. How can I help you?"

So I repeat my question about the cabin

Him: "Well it is an entry level inside cabin. When you call to make your reservation, just tell the agent that you want to upgrade. We get a discount of, like, 80% and it's well worth the extra money."

Then I ask him about the difference in port taxes

Him: "They are set by the government. We have no control over them"

Me: "But they are set by the government for CCL too, and theirs are only $69.00 each. I think you are getting people to pay for the cruise by inflating the port fees."

Him: "Listen, they are what they are. If you are interested, we can sign you up. If not, we need to get to the next person who wants a great deal on a vacation."

Me "No thanks, I think I'll pass."

As far as I am concerned, THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE SCAM.

I have seen it for at least 6 weeks now. As you can see by my signature Carnival is my ship of choice but I am really concerned why they are using this method of sales. Does anyone know????

It's not Carnival. It's a time share scam. We get stuff for RCCL in the mail for free cruises (vouchers) all the time....Don't fall for it! You would end up paying more for the cruise than you would booking direct. They charge you tons of extra fees, port charges, etc. Plus you have to sit through their 90 minute "brain washing" session. I don't know how they can get away with it. But, If people continue to fall for the scam, they will keep running their shell game.

Edited by Rena921

It's not Carnival. It's a time share scam. We get stuff for RCCL in the mail for free cruises (vouchers) all the time....Don't fall for it! You would end up paying more for the cruise than you would booking direct. They charge you tons of extra fees, port charges, etc. Plus you have to sit through their 90 minute "brain washing" session. I don't know how they can get away with it. But, If people continue to fall for the scam, they will keep running their shell game.

Thanks for clearing this up for me.