Better deals on ladies expensive watches on ship or at home?

sinned19

DW is thinking of buying an expensive watch on ship, are the prices better on the ship or at home....let`s say Costco or Amazon? Need a response ASAP sailing tomorrow..thanks.

What brand ? What one calls expensive is not expensive to some

I usually buy a Citizen Ecodrive on cruises and they are 40% cheaper plus tax than at home ESPECIALLY on new models!! one may be able to find old models from past years cheaper but I have always gotten great deals myself

What brand ? What one calls expensive is not expensive to some

I usually buy a Citizen Ecodrive on cruises and they are 40% cheaper plus tax than at home ESPECIALLY on new models!! one may be able to find old models from past years cheaper but I have always gotten great deals myself

mikel24m,

Thanks for your reply... probably a nice Seiko watch...we don`t know that much about watches..

mikel24m,

Thanks for your reply... probably a nice Seiko watch...we don`t know that much about watches..

Best way to do it is to get the watch exact model number and the lowest price you see online or a store. But dont buy yet.

Once your on the ship you will see which deal is better.

A little homework before you buy is key.

mikel24m,

Very welcome I would look for Citizen Ecodrive if I were you .They never need a battery and are very durable.I have a eco drive from like 10-15 years ago still running strong

http://www.citizen.com.hk/en/about-us/technology/eco-drive/what-is-eco-drive

Have a look a women's Seiko watches on Amazon. Not really what would be considered expensive (I just got a terrific buy on Amazon on a Timex chronograph for $40. so I'm not a watch snob) but they are good value and are good watches:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_6_5?url=search-alias%3Dwatches&field-keywords=seiko+watches+women&sprefix=seiko%2Cnull%2C292

Have a look a women's Seiko watches on Amazon. Not really what would be considered expensive (I just got a terrific buy on Amazon on a Timex chronograph for $40. so I'm not a watch snob) but they are good value and are good watches:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_6_5?url=search-alias%3Dwatches&field-keywords=seiko+watches+women&sprefix=seiko%2Cnull%2C292

Thank you cruise pup we will look at them before we leave.

I bought a Citizen Eco Drive Skyhawk five years ago and it was around $500 less on the ship than at home. I decided to get another watch and got a Skyhawk Black Eagle (black vs silver band/face) and it was still considerably cheaper buying it on the ship than at home. It was more like $300 cheaper, but still that is a good deal.....

I bought a men's watch because the women's generally don't fit my wrist and the men's Skyhawk's have all the bells and whistles!

I buy a new watch on every cruise (granted, I dont cruise all that often) but it has kind of become my thing. I have found the same watch I bought on the cruise at home afterwards and they were much cheaper on the cruise! I usually wait until the last day of the cruise as they normally have sales in the shops.

Hope that helps! Also a +1 on the Citizen Eco-Drive...LOVE MINE!!!

I agree with the previous posters about knowing the online and in store prices at home for what you're interested in and when you get onboard you may see a better deal. My daughter got a Michael Kors watch on the Ectasy this summer that was about $75 cheaper than she could have gotten at home. She knew the prices of the MK watches (she has several-- wears them for fashion, not for telling time). I never see them that much cheaper when I cruise, they're usually right around the same price. But, she got a pretty good deal. Hope you do, too.

The prices onboard are usually good on the watches.

Last time I checked the EcoDrives on sale at Kohl's Ialso had a 30%off coupon. The price out the door, including sales tax was just about the same as onboard.

The ship and Koh'ls had some of the same watches. Remember to declare your purchase. The cruiseline does send a list to the CBP.

Edited by SadieN

DW is thinking of buying an expensive watch on ship, are the prices better on the ship or at home....let`s say Costco or Amazon? Need a response ASAP sailing tomorrow..thanks.

My mom was pricing watches and jewelry onboard the Glory 2 weeks ago.

Th Invicta watch she bought my husband for the holidays from QVC was more money on the ship even with their "sale."

Also keep in mind that, although not always, sometimes the watches you see for sale on the ship are discontinued models that have been reduced in price, much like when a jewelry store has a clearance sale. If that's the case, you probably won't find those watches posted on line, particularly Amazon. Regardless, it does help to know ahead of time what you're looking for and what the average price would be elsewhere.

Have bought many watches on our cruises.....Citizens and Tag Heuer to name 2 brands. all have been much cheaper in price than those in the stores ashore. Remember too, that you are NOT paying any tax or duty. When the watch costs in excess of $2400.00 that is quite a savings.

I agree with everyone else to pice shop beforehand. With that said, I've always been a skeptic of the on oars savings, but my brother saved quite a bit on a watch on Carnival and I purchased a retired figurine on RCI that was 50% cheaper than elsewhere, although I was just looking for a souvenir. That said, not all items are a good deal so you have to know prices before you go.

I've never seen any very expensive watches sold on mass market cruise ships. :confused:

LuLu

~~~~~

They had some gimmicky looking Ferrari watches...

I was looking for a nice woman's Citizen Eco Drive, but they didn't seem to have a very good selection on the ship. I don't have to pay sales tax locally anyway, so maybe that gives savings for some.