Majesty 3 or 4 nights?

Studio472

About a decade ago my first cruise was the 4-nights on Majesty. Had a great time. Have since toured the rest of RCL's fleet including all the top tier ships.

I have a suspicion that Majesty is next ship to be sold off and want to sail her one more time before this happens.

While reading reviews, I started to see a trend with the reputation on the 3-night sailings, that it's a lot of younger kids getting trashed on a quick weekend cruise. I'm only 32 myself and want to bring my parents on a nice 1st cruise.

Am I reading into the reviews too much or is there something to it?

3 or 4 nights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't speak for Majesty, but we've been on both the 3 and 4 day cruises on Sovereign, Monarch, and Enchantment. Very similar itinerary to Majesty. The 3 day cruise tends to be more of a younger demographic.

We are of the older crowd......and took a B2B on Majesty couple months ago and really did notice a difference. We prefer the 4 day. I believe your assumptions are correct. Majesty older but we love the ship and the crew is great.

Edited by dealer9296

About a decade ago my first cruise was the 4-nights on Majesty. Had a great time. Have since toured the rest of RCL's fleet including all the top tier ships.

I have a suspicion that Majesty is next ship to be sold off and want to sail her one more time before this happens.

While reading reviews, I started to see a trend with the reputation on the 3-night sailings, that it's a lot of younger kids getting trashed on a quick weekend cruise. I'm only 32 myself and want to bring my parents on a nice 1st cruise.

3 or 4 nights?

Take the 4 night and book a SOV on deck 9 or better.

SOV? Starboard Oceanview?

Superior Oceanview. They are the oceanview cabins on deck 9. Considerably larger than the oceanview cabins on the decks below but some may have a slightly obstructed view due to the life boats below. The extra space certainly makes up for it.

Edited by aurelius180

I had relatively low expectations going into our Majesty cruise earlier this year after cruising previously on the Freedom. I was pleasantly surprised with the cruise.

The 3 and 4 night cruises seem to always be very similar in price. If it works time wise I would take the 4 night over the 3 night. The added stop in Key West is well worth it.

My DH and I sailed last minute on the Majesty in August for three nights.

We're in our 30s.

We clearly noticed a younger crowd than on a 7 night cruise. I'd say more drinking in general and partying in open areas. I'm all for people enjoying themselves, but some families with young kids did leave the pool deck when some dancing got a little "dirty" shall we say.

Maybe opening the dance club during the afternoon would be an option?

It didn't bother us, but noticed an uptake drinking and partying on the short cruise.

We are booked on a 4 night in Jan on Liberty. Should be a great time!

3 or 4 nights?

I have cruised Majesty 10 times, mostly the 3 night weekender, since it is an easy get away for us, as we live in S. Florida.

Some of the cruises have been filled with more younger people, many times people with families (especially when we cruise on Thanksgiving weekend). There seems to be a reasonable number of older people.

My DH and I are in our early 60's. The night life goes late but the noise doesn't carry off to the cabins. We stay up and get involved in the late night activities. We stay on Deck 9....the cabins are a little bit bigger, in the Superior Oceanview. We like the end of Deck 9 that is closest to the gym.....so we take cabin 9070. It makes for easy walking to what we want to do -- clubs, gyms, pool area.

We love Majesty....and Her Majesty, probably will be the next ship moved out of the fleet sometime in 2016, from what I have heard.

It is a wonderful ship with a terrific crew....I believe that whichever you pick, the 3 or 4 day itinerary, you can have a good time.

If you want a few less kids, don't choose a school holiday weekend....that may also minimize the heavy party goers. Visiting Key West on the mid week trip is nice...did that a couple of times.

Definitely looking at the 4-nighter, sometime in May. I've made the mistake of cruising during Spring break. I can see how the 3-night can attract a party crowd. Key West is nice also.

May is a perfect time to go. We were on this past May for 4 nights. We have a back-to-back scheduled for 2015 as well. You'll like the ship :)

As someone who is still well in his working years, and who has to scratch and claw for his vacation time, I much prefer the 3 day. I can take a cruise and only use 1/2 vacation day (half day Friday then drive to work when I disembark). If time were no issue I would probably prefer the longer cruise - it is often less expensive (or about the same) and you get the extra day. But if I was going to use that much vacation time, I would prefer a week long cruise.

As someone who is still well in his working years, and who has to scratch and claw for his vacation time, I much prefer the 3 day. I can take a cruise and only use 1/2 vacation day (half day Friday then drive to work when I disembark). If time were no issue I would probably prefer the longer cruise - it is often less expensive (or about the same) and you get the extra day. But if I was going to use that much vacation time, I would prefer a week long cruise.

For local Floridians, your point is well taken. I agree, that it would make more sense for us (we are local to S. Florida) that if we were going to use the vacation days...then a full week long cruise it would be.

We've been on MJ several times. Yes, the 3-night is a different demographic than the 4-night. But, since both cruises are so short, we're doing BOTH next month as a back to back...the 3-night and staying on for the 4-night. Always a great option if you can swing it....

Peter