Survival Techniques

gnatz007

My DW and I are booked on the Royal in mid February, and both of us can hardly wait. It's been much much too long since we have cruised last, a 7 day stint on the Star Princess way back in 2002.

I seriously think I am going to die of anticipation. I have looked through Dave's threads a thousand times, and the ship just looks fantastic! So grateful for all the information he has posted. It has answered so many questions that we have had.

Just curious, how other people survive the long wait till leaving on their cruises? I've researched way to much, on just about everything (probably a bad thing). Pretty sure I could tell you how many grains of sand are each port of call.

Anyway, thank you all on CC for all the information on anything anyone would ever want to know about anything! Its been so much fun to research.

Kevin

Many of us are like you. Even though our last three cruises were the same itinerary, I still went through guide books and googled the different ports to see if there's anything new for my family to see. Before our last cruise (which was exactly at this time) I had my daughter look through the excursions that Princess offered and we ended up doing one of her choices and one of mine (which was exactly a year ago today in Kauai and I consider the best excursion I've ever been on). My hubby went on google maps and did more planning. I went on the front page of this site and checked recent reviews of the ship (more for my amusement as we were on that ship before).

My DW and I are booked on the Royal in mid February, and both of us can hardly wait. It's been much much too long since we have cruised last, a 7 day stint on the Star Princess way back in 2002.

I seriously think I am going to die of anticipation. I have looked through Dave's threads a thousand times, and the ship just looks fantastic! So grateful for all the information he has posted. It has answered so many questions that we have had.

Just curious, how other people survive the long wait till leaving on their cruises? I've researched way to much, on just about everything (probably a bad thing). Pretty sure I could tell you how many grains of sand are each port of call.

Anyway, thank you all on CC for all the information on anything anyone would ever want to know about anything! Its been so much fun to research.

Kevin

I could too; 3482997567789033647777589088756111748894888839920074001728883994665 + 1 or 2

If you don't believe me, go and count them :D.

Yes, I think most of us are the same.

Theo

I am the planner for my family. I also research extensively. It's so difficult to wait for the next cruise to come. How do I survive it? Well, I don't have much choice, do I? :D If I could afford it I would cruise more often. But that's just not do-able for us. I also remember that the research itself is part of the fun. So enjoy yourself online in anticipation of your next cruise. CC is a wealth of information. It's also fun to search for other sources. I admit that I watch the porteverglades webcam on sail-away days. It's the next best thing to being there.

Happy sailings!

I am the planner for my family. I also research extensively. It's so difficult to wait for the next cruise to come. How do I survive it? Well, I don't have much choice, do I? :D If I could afford it I would cruise more often. But that's just not do-able for us. I also remember that the research itself is part of the fun. So enjoy yourself online in anticipation of your next cruise. CC is a wealth of information. It's also fun to search for other sources. I admit that I watch the porteverglades webcam on sail-away days. It's the next best thing to being there.

Happy sailings!

haha watching the webcam has become a daily event for me. Especially on Sunday afternoons when the Royal is leaving!

What was the excursion you liked so much on Kauai? We're on the Grand in February and trying to decide what would be good to do. We've been there before, but there's always more to see.

We did the Movies and Waterfalls one. My hubby is into waterfalls, and there's quite a few going from Nawilliwilli on up the eastern edge and going up north. The guide will play a clip or two on a video screen and then we go to the place where the movie was filmed. In Hanalei, we had lunch at the diner where some scenes from "The Descendants" was filmed. The beginning of the original pilot for "Gilligan's Island" (which ended up being dumped for some recastings of some of the actors and a new theme song, but was never shown on television) was shown and then we saw the beach where some scenes were shot. My then-15 year old and I are both movie fans so we enjoyed the tour too.

I'm not into active excursions (ziplining, etc.) so this was a great fit for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Kevin

Sorry, but a cruise in mid February is not a long wait...Booking a cruise in October of 2013 for a cruise in November of 2013 is a long wait....;)

I always spend time reading cruise critic. If it's a ship I've never been on, i study the deck plans on the Princess website.

I check out the ports and,, when available, the excursions.

Just the "usual".....:)

Not sure we are going to make it... :p

Maybe now you should work on the pesky stuff you'll be leaving behind: stop the newspapers, the mail, arrange for pet care, book hair appointments, make sure drycleaning is done, etc. etc.

Do you have a ride to the airport? Schedule that, too. Use the energy from excitement and anticipation to make sure that everything is done calmly and thoroughly.

Whatever you do, don't stop checking in to the webcams for sailaways!

:D