Departure flight leaves at 11:10 from Orlando....

Vlove09

I am in the processing of booking our flight. We will be on The Dream in Port Canaveral. If we don't get this flight it will be late afternoon before we can leave. Is this doable? And if so, how would you suggest making it happen. I read about luggage express but also interested in transportation from the port to the airport suggestions.

We were able to do it but, the cruise was the ending of our vacation. We started at Disney for 5 days and ended on the Sensation for the relaxing part of our vacation. We had a rental car and drove to PC. We were among the first group to debark the ship, with our bags, and we made our flight with little time to share. That was when I was young and foolish. It may be doable if you had a limo. We have done that too and it is great, door to door service with no wasted time.

I am sure you can't do luggage express... That flight time is to early to do it..

Orlando airport to port canaveral is about a 30-45 minute ride.

We used the carnival transfers and luggage express, but flights were after 1 pm

Can you do it? I would think you can... But would definitely be stressful, having to worry about the ship coming in late, long line at customs, traffic, airport check in, security...to many variables that can go wrong

I personally wouldn't do it

PC to Orlando I would give myself an hour. It's doable if you have the transportation waiting as you get off. Assuming you are the first group to get off. For me it would just be too stressful.

You need to give yourself extra time just in case there may be traffic jam, accident etc.

Follow the advice given above and you might be okay. I've done it on Disney, but they have a lock on the whole process and I was able to check-in onboard. Remember the day of he week matters and the airport can be very busy with 30+ minute waits to get through security.

If you do decide to try this, don't rent a car, book a limo or some other transportation only for your party that will be waiting at the curb, do self assist and carry off your luggage. It can be done, but any glitches will put you in a panic.

Renting a car, you will have to wait for there shuttle, they will wait till the shuttle is full, then you will have a line at the rental agency, then you will have to drop the car at the airport and make your way to check in.

We have sailed out of Canaveral quite a few times and living on the west coast, we just stay over a day and relax. I know some can not take the extra time so they have to make the mad rush for flights.

Not a good idea. It is doable, but there's too many things that can go wrong that could cause you to miss the flight. My friends & I were thinking of switching to flying (also Orlando/Port Canaveral) a couple weeks ago. When they suggested 11:30, I told them "no way". So we decided that if we flew, it would be 5:00, and we would just find some way to occupy ourselves. If you rent a car, drive down to the beach and relax for a couple hours.

Edited by k2excursion

I was one of the first people off the ship. I had to wait for a shuttle to bring me to Park and Cruz. I picked up our car and was in Orlando by 9:00 a.m. So it is doable.

But like the other people here posted, I would not do it. Too many things could go wrong. Even if you hired a driver to bring you to the airport you might get a slow driver. That would just drive me nuts.