Castaway Cay for non-beach goers

sunluva7

There is a pavilion with various games, a band playing (certain hours), silly games like crab races....food, limited shopping. Of course, they could opt to remain on the ship (it will be nearly empty, but pools are open, etc). It's a great time to get photos of the ship without 4000 of your best friends in them!

Certain members of my family don't particularly care for the beach, as in swimming or lounging. Is there anything at Castaway Cay to keep them happy?

Bicycle riding, parasailing. Don't know if no water activities is what you have in mind, but there's also the glass-bottom boat, boat rentals, catamaran cruise around the island.

Port adventures for Castaway Cay can be found here, just go down the list on the left and click on Castaway Cay:

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cruises-destinations/shore-excursions/search/

There's also lots of food and drink and a few shops. It's also an option to just stay onboard the ship, if they want.

We're not big beach people either but the adult beach was SO nice we ended up spending quite a bit of time there, for my part instead of taking a planned bike ride. If nothing else, they can get off, ride the tram around and take a look and get right back on the ship..

My dad got off and took a bike ride with the family, walked around a bit and then thoroughly enjoyed a quiet afternoon on the ship.

As a family, we enjoyed bike riding, playing games, doing the treasure hunt and watching the crab races. Our first visit was a sunny but cool day, not so good for swimming in the ocean.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

There is quite a bit to see on bicycle rides. There is a loop that goes deeper in the island of the "runway" to what I would call a fire tower. It's prob 4 or 5 stories high and you can see the entire island from up there. I go for a bit in the morning, back to the ship, then the island for lunch with the family then back to the ship. Last year was at Castaway on new Years and spent time in the big bar watching football on the 12 foot screen. I've also watched movies, and taken a nap or two when the ship is there.

We aren't beach people either. I refuse to swim where there are fish, so that rules out snorkeling and other beachy things. We love to ride the bikes at CC. Years ago we did the scavenger hunt, but I don't know if they still do that. An icy drink at the Heads Up Bar provides a nice view of the ship and beach. We love the jet ski excursion too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD