Difficulty in contacting key personnel

43PETERR

I havealways had great experience in working with CUNARD, PRINCESS (in the past) and NORWEGIAN. regarding pre-set onboard services BUT...

I have been having an unbelieveably difficult time in establishing contact with the Hotel Manager ROYAL PRINCESS regarding my upcoming cruise!

I have both the phone and fax number. The phone ring, is acknowedged as ROYAL PRINCESS and then hangs up. On the fax there is no connection even with multiple calls over multiple hours. And, when calling PRINCESS it is a disappointing response, ALWAYS.

Has anyone experienced the same responses. Any solutions??

Why doyou need to work with the Hotel Manager on board?

Can you not make whatever arrangments you want by working through the Princess Headquarters Offices? Do they not have Guests Services Department?

I agree with the above poster. You are much more likely to not have any snafus if you arrange for anything on board through Princess HQ ashore. With communications with ship's staff being so "state of the art", the possibility of something getting overlooked or forgotten is much less likely than you talking directly to onboard staff prior to your sailing.

Have you considered emailing the relevant department at Princess HQ in Santa Clarita? If you're trying to set up a meet and greet, why not check current roll calls, maybe someone mentioned a name they had contacted. If you want to set up a reservation or gift, maybe you can do so through the website.

Must admit that we find it very unusual that anyone would expect to work directly with the Hotel Manager on routine issues. Keep in mind that the Hotel Manager is the most senior executive onboard a ship who deals with passenger-related issues. Everyone, other then those in the Marine Department, work for the Hotel Manager. We are personally friendly with one particular Hotel Manager on Celebrity and know that he rarely works directly with passengers unless there is a major problem that cannot be solved by any of his staff (of over 800 people).

Hank

As a Hotel Manager on a cruise ship, I receive around 700 emails every day. That is one per every working minute of the day.

It is only 700 emails per day because the general public does NOT have my email address.

If my employer gave out my email address to the public I would never be able to leave my office.