Orlando Sandford to Fort Lauderdale

roysmith99

Hi everyone, we are arriving late on a Monday night (April 2014) into Sandford from Iceland and renting a car then staying overnight near the airport. My question is that as we have the whole of Tuesday to drive down to FLL how practical is it to fit some sightseeing in on the way down. We cruise on the Wednesday.

We are booked into our hotels and have to be in FLL no later than 6pm - I know the major attractions are not feasible but hope to get some idea of the places we might enjoy on the way. All ideas and suggestions are very welcome. Also, I will have a Satnav but maybe some local knowledge of a route to follow would also make the day better. Thank you.

Edited by roysmith99

Hi everyone, we are arriving late on a Monday night (April 2014) into Sandford from Iceland and renting a car then staying overnight near the airport. My question is that as we have the whole of Tuesday to drive down to FLL how practical is it to fit some sightseeing in on the way down. We cruise on the Wednesday.

We are booked into our hotels and have to be in FLL no later than 6pm - I know the major attractions are not feasible but hope to get some idea of the places we might enjoy on the way. All ideas and suggestions are very welcome. Also, I will have a Satnav but maybe some local knowledge of a route to follow would also make the day better. Thank you.

I love the beautiful drive on A1A down the coast of Florida! You can jump over to A1A and drive down Florida's coast and stop for lunch pretty much anywhere.

You can check into your hotel later than 6PM but call and let them know what time you are going to check in.

Vero Beach has a cute little seaside town with restaurants for lunch.

Breakers Hotel in Palm Beach is a tourist attraction. You have to pay about $20 to valet park, but if you spend that amount in the nice gift shop they validate your valet ticket. After that you can stroll around Worth Avenue.

Leaving Sanford/Orlando Airport take Rte. 46 eastbound for about 37 miles (theres not much to see). Rte. 46 intersects with U.S. 95. Go south to FLL. If you want to travel on A1A exit U.S. 95 at Rte. 528 about 26 miles.Take Rte. 528 eastbound for about 11 miles to Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach. The port will be on your left, stay to your right approaching the port. Follow sign onto A1A.. Its a drive with not much to see.

Leaving Sanford/Orlando Airport take Rte. 46 eastbound for about 37 miles (theres not much to see). Rte. 46 intersects with U.S. 95. Go south to FLL. If you want to travel on A1A exit U.S. 95 at Rte. 528 about 26 miles.Take Rte. 528 eastbound for about 11 miles to Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach. The port will be on your left, stay to your right approaching the port. Follow sign onto A1A.. Its a drive with not much to see.
Yes, the Atlantic Ocean is pretty crappy scenery. The beach towns are lame and dull. The oceanfront mansions are all exactly alike. You'll never see kite boarders or dolphins.

• 1 month later...