Carnival Imagination and Carnival Sunshine - My Back-to-Back Photo Review

wrigley80

Tonight was formal night. Now my dad and I don't normally go to formal night but we decided to give it a try this time. I am so glad we did. The food was amazing and I guess it was nice to get dressed up :p

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2216_zpsf63689c5.jpg

I think we look pretty good

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2212_zpsa529c92b.jpg

This is one of my favorite appetizers. This is the Turkey Farfalle pasta dish.

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2213_zpsf997bdf0.jpg

Pretty sure we all know what this is

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2214_zps60c19ad4.jpg

I have never quite understood why they serve BBQ Ribs on formal night. But hey they were good and that is all that matters

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2215_zps4204065c.jpg

This was our wait staff. We had anytime dining but our waiters were excellent so we sat in their section every night

You both look great! Dinner was looking great also. Thanks and keep the reviews coming

I'm loving this! I cruise on Sunshine January 19th. I'm like your dad- directionally challenged on ships and I've cruised Carnival 5 times.

That is a nice way of putting it..."directionally challenged." Enjoy your cruise on the Sunshine. I will get to part of my review of the Sunshine portion by the time you cruise. Have a great time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2280_zpsec7ada1b.jpg

As we all know the port in Cozumel is super long so we said screw it and we jumped in a pedicab. Plus we have always wanted to get a picture in a Pedicab :p

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2283_zpsda0aef69.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2285_zpsed7cd519.jpg

There go our pedicabs. The next time you're in Cozumel definitely hitch a ride with these guys. It was wonderful

When I was doing my research at home for what we wanted to do in Cozumel I kept going back and forth with different options. We were trying to decide on a beach day at Paradise Beach, Mr. Sanchos, or swimming with manatees at Chankanaab Park.

My dad isn't the type who likes to sit on the beach all day so we decided on swimming with manatees. This would be our second time swimming with manatees in Cozumel. This first time was in December 2011. And it never gets old....it was Amazing.

I know a lot of people prefer to swim with dolphins and don't get me wrong that is fun too but there is just something about the manatees.

We got off the ship around 1:15 pm and we had a 3:30 pm reservation for swimming with the manatees. We decided to get off the ship and head towards Chankanaab Park.

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2286_zps5da7b3b8.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2287_zpsd22dc0a0.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2288_zps6f4cd553.jpg

When we got to Chankanaab Park we got checked in and got our wristbands. And then we found a table where we watched the dolphins for a while. It was fun watching them jump out of the water

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2289_zps239a4147.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2291_zpse32eedc8.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2297_zps84292454.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2300_zps20924531.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2302_zps5109032a.jpg

WHOA.....that dolphin got some major air

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2305_zps6bf40a2a.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2307_zps969ed1de.jpg

You have no idea how many pictures I had to take of these dolphins. You had to catch them in the camera frame at the exact time they were coming out of the water. I would say that I did pretty good with this picture

Now don't get me wrong we loved doing the manatee encounter but you are unable to use your own camera. The last time we did the manatee encounter in 2011 our biggest regret was not buying the photo CD. So this time we bought the photo CD. For the price you received the photo CD, a USB jump drive shaped like a dolphin, and a t-shirt.

I am going to try and download some of our pics that are on the photo CD. I will be back later to let ya know if it worked out or not

Now don't get me wrong we loved doing the manatee encounter but you are unable to use your own camera. The last time we did the manatee encounter in 2011 our biggest regret was not buying the photo CD. So this time we bought the photo CD. For the price you received the photo CD, a USB jump drive shaped like a dolphin, and a t-shirt.

I am going to try and download some of our pics that are on the photo CD. I will be back later to let ya know if it worked out or not

We are doing this excursion in April. How much was the CD? Also, what was the cost of the pedicabs? That looks so cool! :cool:

We are doing this excursion in April. How much was the CD? Also, what was the cost of the pedicabs? That looks so cool! :cool:

The cost of the CD was $118.00 and with the pedicabs it was just a donation of whatever you wanted to give. We have them $3.00 a piece. It was fun and so worth it.

Be sure to come back later I was able to download the manatee pictures from our encounter and I will post them later when I get home

The cost of the CD was $118.00 and with the pedicabs it was just a donation of whatever you wanted to give. We have them $3.00 a piece. It was fun and so worth it.

Be sure to come back later I was able to download the manatee pictures from our encounter and I will post them later when I get home

One more question! Will they take a credit card for the CD or do I need cash! Can't wait to see the pictures! Your reviews are always awesome!

Who is ready for some cute and cuddly pictures of some manatees??? These pictures are the ones that were taken of us during the manatee encounter.

DSC_0115_zpsd28096c9.jpg

DSC_0112_zps48462f92.jpg

DSC_0107_zps265e160d.jpg

DSC_0097_zps18f2b620.jpg

DSC_0092_zps82d623b6.jpg

DSC_0086_zpsc7046c6c.jpg

Pretty sure these pictures speak for themselves. It was so much fun to swim with manatees.

The manatees were so much fun and I'm happy that I bought the photo CD. We were in the water with the manatees for well over an hour. We were able to give the manatee a kiss, then they gave us a kiss, give them a hug, and we shook hands :p. We also fed them about a cooler full of lettuce. There were 3 manatees. My dad and I were the only ones in our group so that made it even more enjoyable.

After the manatee encounter was over we changed our clothes because we still wanted to do some shopping and have a couple drinks back at the Puerta Maya pier.

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2308_zpsaa6e6304.jpg

I love how the sun was setting behind this picture

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2309_zps2ac33e32.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2313_zps70e3c254.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2315_zpsa3cf2f8a.jpg

Gotta love Mexican Taxi drivers. This guy drove us back from Chankanaab Park to the Pier area. Now I get that he is a very focused with his hands at "10 and 2" but why are his eyes closed

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2314_zps4773018a.jpgThis one isn't much better. I guess they drive in Mexico with their eyes closed

Omg how cool. I didn't realize you can swim with manatees. Is this an excursion thru carnival or did you book on your own? Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I booked it on my own directly through Dolphin Discovery. The ship doesn't even offer the manatee encounter.....only the dolphins

I visited Chank in '11 and '12 and I had NO IDEA they offered manatee encounters!!! :( That is SO cute. I love that place, and its got amazing snorkeling and food and secure beach area and cute sea lion shows. Its got something for everyone.

We did the sea lion encounter this year in Nassau and it was WONDERFUl and we ALWAYS buy the photos. They make sure they are good (retake if you are blinking) and ours are great, plus our parents got good ones on the observation deck too. When you pay for an animal excursion like that (and one you won't do too often) than that is not the time to be cheap and not get the memories too. I think we bought the video also.

Those manatees are SO CUTE!

Bri, I loved your manatee pictures! Your's were good but the ones of your Dad just made me smile. Pure delight and bliss on his face, just like a child! So precious!

BTW we love Paradise beach, you may want to try it someday. Short taxi ride and $2 admission. They have a huge pool with chairs in the water. View to the ocean. We didn't want to get out for lunch so they placed a table in the pool and brought our food to us :D