Carnival Imagination and Carnival Sunshine - My Back-to-Back Photo Review

wrigley80

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2300_zps20924531.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2302_zps5109032a.jpg

WHOA.....that dolphin got some major air

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2305_zps6bf40a2a.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2307_zps969ed1de.jpg

You have no idea how many pictures I had to take of these dolphins. You had to catch them in the camera frame at the exact time they were coming out of the water. I would say that I did pretty good with this picture

I hate to be Smecky downer but I think it cruel all those swim with the Dolphin attractions.

I visited Chank in '11 and '12 and I had NO IDEA they offered manatee encounters!!! :( That is SO cute. I love that place, and its got amazing snorkeling and food and secure beach area and cute sea lion shows. Its got something for everyone.

We did the sea lion encounter this year in Nassau and it was WONDERFUl and we ALWAYS buy the photos. They make sure they are good (retake if you are blinking) and ours are great, plus our parents got good ones on the observation deck too. When you pay for an animal excursion like that (and one you won't do too often) than that is not the time to be cheap and not get the memories too. I think we bought the video also.

Those manatees are SO CUTE!

Yeah the manatee encounter is through Dolphin Discovery. The encounter is offered at 10:00 am, 2:00 pm, and 3:30 pm.

We were going to do the Sea Lion encounter but I just love manatees so I wanted to do that again. I will have to do the Sea Lions on a future trip to Cozumel. I agree with ya on the pictures. When ya get home from vacation it is hard to tell people that you swam with manatees without showing them any proof

Loving this review and can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing.

Now I have then manatee swim on my list. We did the dolphin swim and that was awesome.

Kathy

Thank-You. Everyone has to experience the manatees at least once. :)

Bri, I loved your manatee pictures! Your's were good but the ones of your Dad just made me smile. Pure delight and bliss on his face, just like a child! So precious!

BTW we love Paradise beach, you may want to try it someday. Short taxi ride and $2 admission. They have a huge pool with chairs in the water. View to the ocean. We didn't want to get out for lunch so they placed a table in the pool and brought our food to us :D

Thank-You. And you are so right the pictures of my dad are so innocent and pure. He was having so much fun.

Thanks for the tip about Paradise Beach. We are going back to Cozumel in April on the Carnival Dream. We are trying to decide between Paradise Beach and Mr. Sanchos. I like the all-inclusive option at Mr. Sanchos but I know that my dad and I wouldn't eat and drink enough to cover the cost because we don't drink alcohol. I was looking at the pictures and I love the pool at Paradise Beach. Were there steps to enter the pool??? I know that my dad can't climb a ladder in and out of the pool

Okay you are leaving me so conflicted now! We have the romance package booked with Mr. Sanchos but now I want to swim with the Manatees after seeing your pictures!!!!

Sorry ;) :) I'm sure the romance package is fun too. You still have the time to decide before your cruise. I also received your e-mail and thank-you

I hate to be Smecky downer but I think it cruel all those swim with the Dolphin attractions.

So then I guess its safe to say you won't be doing swimming with dolphins anytime soon :rolleyes: however I did the manatee encounter. No dolphins were harmed during the process of taking those pictures :p

Hello Wrigley80,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review and pictures. Great review so far. We've been on the Freedom and Victory and are looking at booking on the Sunshine for 2015. Would you be so kind as to do a little comparison of the ships for us? Of the three, which did you prefer? Thanks so much!

Brianna, you asked about steps leading into the pool at Paradise Beach...there are big wide steps with railings that lead into the pool...no ladders for me. They have a wide edge all around the pool that you can put your lounge chair on and sit in the water comfortably. If you go on their website, they probably have photos of the pool. We went there last year and LOVED IT. There is no way I would ever go to any all inclusive resort. #1, I can't eat most of the food offered, #2 I would never consume enough alcohol to make it worthwhile.

Paradise Beach was perfect for us, a quick taxi ride with a set fee. When we entered the pool area which is gorgeous, an employee approached us with wrist bands and charged us $2 each which included a lounger. We set up camp at the pool for the afternoon and ordered soft drinks and nachos which we shared. Overall, it was a very inexpensive afternoon at a beautiful location. If you prefer the beach, you can set up your area there. We had just been to Grand Cayman and 7 Mile Beach so we opted for the pool. There are lots of shaded areas between the pool and the beach, just a beautiful place. No one bugged us to purchase drinks or food but I'm sure they would prefer it if you did, we probably spent $22 for nachos and soft drinks for 4 people.

I am definitely going back to Paradise Beach on my next cruise.

Rose

Brianna, if you're interested in more info on Paradise Beach, their web site is paradise-beach-cozumel dot com. There are lots of photos of the pool and other areas under "facilities" and you can see the wide steps leading into the pool....wish I was there right now, Waaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!

Thanks again for the continued excellent review, Wrigley80. The trip between key west and cozumel was pretty uneventful I guess, but it has been over a month since sailing so maybe something crazy happened that I have forgotten already. Lol. Dinner on formal night was good as usual and I too got the lobster and st. Louis ribs. They were ok but in all honesty, I usually like the shrimp that they serve alongside the lobster more. The ribs were good but not as good as what I had on my sensation trip in October. They were not as tender but by no means were they bad. I also got our Newbie cruiser friends at our table hooked on the warm chocolate melting cake. Haha. We had Leonardo as our waiter in the aft dining room and he was one of the better waiters i have had on carnival lately. No coincidence he is a pretty longtime employee also.

I usually am not awake when we dock on port days so it was cool to watch us park. What did you think of the people from the aidabella? I made note of some of the very rude passengers I encountered from there in my review, was wondering if you experienced anything similar. Cozumel itself was really neat and i made sure to venture further out onto the island this time. I had done the glass bottom boat excursion here in a past vacation. The city cab setup they have is very organized and i felt no qualms about using it for an island tour. Did you go to three amigos or fat tuesday's at all? I thought three amigos was awful. I have gone to pancho's backyard in the past and it is very good. Authentic food and good drinks and atmosphere.

It sure was neat watching the sunset from the dock though. I got pictures of that somewhere too. Dunno about you, but seeeing the lit up ship just out there when you are walking back is special.

I did the anytime sitdown dinner that night when we got back but I still much prefer assigned seating. We did get to meet a few different people that evening though. The Mexican deck party that night was fun and I wish they would do more stuff like that.

Btw, it seems a lot of people also like this review. Im getting the old bandwidth exceeded icons when I go to view pictures inside this thread. You are doing a great job. Im glad cc readers can see the same sailing as viewed by two different people.

And glad the weather is clearing up. The entire midwest and national travel network got completely obliterated this week, not to mention all the people who lost their lives. Hopefully that was the worst old man winter has for us and we can begin to look forward to spring.

Edited by FlyingCruiserNJ

Please help - anyone else having difficulty viewing the photos. Just gray boxes - what can I do?

Really??? I wonder why....

I think it may be because I need to buy more storage space for my pictures and I'm gonna do that when I get home tonight

Hello Wrigley80,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review and pictures. Great review so far. We've been on the Freedom and Victory and are looking at booking on the Sunshine for 2015. Would you be so kind as to do a little comparison of the ships for us? Of the three, which did you prefer? Thanks so much!

Out of the Freedom, Victory, and Sunshine. My favorite ship would be the Sunshine.

The Serenity area on the Sunshine is wonderful and very relaxing. There are many more food options on the Sunshine. You've got Guys Burgers, Blue Iguana Cantina, Cucina del Capitano, Ji Ji Asian Kitchen, Lido Marketplace, MDR dining options, Pizza, Farenheit 555, and Bonsai Sushi.

Trying to be patient and wait for the rest of your review. Love your pictures and your Dad looks like a great guy.

Thank You. I have had a a busy couple of days. I will be posting more of my review this evening.

And you are so right my Dad is a pretty great guy

Brianna, you asked about steps leading into the pool at Paradise Beach...there are big wide steps with railings that lead into the pool...no ladders for me. They have a wide edge all around the pool that you can put your lounge chair on and sit in the water comfortably. If you go on their website, they probably have photos of the pool. We went there last year and LOVED IT. There is no way I would ever go to any all inclusive resort. #1, I can't eat most of the food offered, #2 I would never consume enough alcohol to make it worthwhile.

Paradise Beach was perfect for us, a quick taxi ride with a set fee. When we entered the pool area which is gorgeous, an employee approached us with wrist bands and charged us $2 each which included a lounger. We set up camp at the pool for the afternoon and ordered soft drinks and nachos which we shared. Overall, it was a very inexpensive afternoon at a beautiful location. If you prefer the beach, you can set up your area there. We had just been to Grand Cayman and 7 Mile Beach so we opted for the pool. There are lots of shaded areas between the pool and the beach, just a beautiful place. No one bugged us to purchase drinks or food but I'm sure they would prefer it if you did, we probably spent $22 for nachos and soft drinks for 4 people.

I am definitely going back to Paradise Beach on my next cruise.

Rose

Thank you so much Rose. You just totally helped me make up my mind. I know where I'm going in April. And I'm gonna spend all day in the pool.

That was my biggest issue with Mr. Sanchos is I knew that there is no way that my dad or I would eat or drink our money's worth. Paradise Beach sounds a like a fun, relaxing day

Thanks again for the continued excellent review, Wrigley80. The trip between key west and cozumel was pretty uneventful I guess, but it has been over a month since sailing so maybe something crazy happened that I have forgotten already. Lol. Dinner on formal night was good as usual and I too got the lobster and st. Louis ribs. They were ok but in all honesty, I usually like the shrimp that they serve alongside the lobster more. The ribs were good but not as good as what I had on my sensation trip in October. They were not as tender but by no means were they bad. I also got our Newbie cruiser friends at our table hooked on the warm chocolate melting cake. Haha. We had Leonardo as our waiter in the aft dining room and he was one of the better waiters i have had on carnival lately. No coincidence he is a pretty longtime employee also.

I usually am not awake when we dock on port days so it was cool to watch us park. What did you think of the people from the aidabella? I made note of some of the very rude passengers I encountered from there in my review, was wondering if you experienced anything similar. Cozumel itself was really neat and i made sure to venture further out onto the island this time. I had done the glass bottom boat excursion here in a past vacation. The city cab setup they have is very organized and i felt no qualms about using it for an island tour. Did you go to three amigos or fat tuesday's at all? I thought three amigos was awful. I have gone to pancho's backyard in the past and it is very good. Authentic food and good drinks and atmosphere.

It sure was neat watching the sunset from the dock though. I got pictures of that somewhere too. Dunno about you, but seeeing the lit up ship just out there when you are walking back is special.

I did the anytime sitdown dinner that night when we got back but I still much prefer assigned seating. We did get to meet a few different people that evening though. The Mexican deck party that night was fun and I wish they would do more stuff like that.

Btw, it seems a lot of people also like this review. Im getting the old bandwidth exceeded icons when I go to view pictures inside this thread. You are doing a great job. Im glad cc readers can see the same sailing as viewed by two different people.

And glad the weather is clearing up. The entire midwest and national travel network got completely obliterated this week, not to mention all the people who lost their lives. Hopefully that was the worst old man winter has for us and we can begin to look forward to spring.

It sounds like we had similar cruise experiences. Thanks for the heads up about the bandwidth issue. I've gotta get online tonight to pay for more bandwidth

I will be back on later tonight to buy some more bandwidth so that I can continue on with my review. I guess I am including too many pictures.....hehe.

I have had an exciting day. I went for a job interview today to be a travel agent and I was hired on the spot. I guess I made a good first impression.

I will be back on later tonight to buy some more bandwidth so that I can continue on with my review. I guess I am including too many pictures.....hehe.

I have had an exciting day. I went for a job interview today to be a travel agent and I was hired on the spot. I guess I made a good first impression.

Cool Wrigley! Congratulations. I can be your first client. Lol

I emailed you a few days ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Cool Wrigley! Congratulations. I can be your first client. Lol

I emailed you a few days ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

You sure can!!!!!! Yeah sorry I got your email. I will respond to ya this evening. Thanks Again

Well, I guess I won't be on THAT one. :rolleyes: some day, when I'm retired. :D

Are you still thinking of the Liberty cruise in March/April?

We are currently still booked on the 9-day repositioning cruise on the Dream. Our final payment is due on January 20th but I have until the 19th to make a decision.

I would like to do the 7-day cruise on the Liberty because I like the ports and of course Guys Burgers on the Liberty but my dad wants to stay with the Carnival Dream. He likes the fact that it's 9 days.

Why do ya ask about the Carnival Liberty cruise? Are you on that cruise??

Congrats on the job. I left off on page 13 and now all the pictures are gone. :( Hopefully they will be back and we can enjoy reading your review and viewing your wonderful pictures. I love your reviews.:D

Thank You and I'm assuming it's because there is no more bandwidth storage space. When I get home I'm gonna add more