Carnival Imagination and Carnival Sunshine - My Back-to-Back Photo Review

wrigley80

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2035_zpsf9122e62.jpg

Still not too busy in the Main terminal but just wait

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2036_zps2617df86.jpg

This was only about 30 minutes later. The Port of Miami is busy so I wouldn't wait too long to head to the port

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2037_zpsaafac131.jpg

This photo is a tradition for us

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2037_zpsaafac131.jpg

This picture onboard has to be in the Atrium. I love the atrium on the Fantasy class ships.

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2039_zps6a424022.jpg

The first diet coke of many. We always buy the bottomless bubbles and we definitely get our money worth....usually by day 2

Yeah I hear ya. The flights for us are often more than the cruise so that is why we did a back-to-back this time. For our 9-day repositioning cruise in April we are flying down to Orlando and then we have decided to drive home from New Orleans

I've thought of that, but didn't know how expensive it would be.

The other idea, we have some new friends in NOLA (Thanks to our last cruise!), so drive there in our car and park and drive a rental back to NOLA from Port Canaveral.

Hmmm...

Andy

Edited by Harrier1961

My wife and I are very, VERY, tempted to do the Sunshine repo cruise; however, the expenses getting to one port/leaving from another so far outweighs everything. We are from MI.

Sad.

11 day cruise would be most awesome.

Andy

:(

Do you at all live near a Southwest airport? We got one ways for both legs for pretty reasonable, but we are already on the east coast. RDU to MSY $189 and then MCO to RDU for $119. Still hoping the flight to New Orleans might drop yet but the times were good so we went ahead and booked. Alot of people are having issues with hotels though so something to consider too.

Sorry didn't mean to highjack:o

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2040_zpsdbc1d15b.jpg

We have been onboard for 20 minutes and my dad is already making friends

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2041_zps4928a057.jpg

Our first meal onboard the Imagination. We ate at the grill because there was no line when we walked by

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2044_zps13ea075c.jpg

I love the Thristy Red Frog beer

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2045_zps815e9f8b.jpg

After lunch we walked outside on Deck 10 aft and sat outside. Got some nice photos of the Miami skyline

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2046_zps5ebdcce1.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2047_zps4ca91dac.jpg

The "flying rats" were everywhere. They were waiting for lunch

I know you just started your review, but are you planning to post the Fun Times? I would love to see them. Looking forward to the rest! Thanks for taking the time to do it!

No I will not be posting the Fun Times because I don't have a scanner. If there is something particular you were wondering about just let me know and I can check for you

No I will not be posting the Fun Times because I don't have a scanner. If there is something particular you were wondering about just let me know and I can check for you

No problem, I'm still trying to figure out what cruise line to book, so I don't even know what to ask, but I am thoroughly enjoying your review! Thanks so much for taking the time to do it!!!

Yay, you got Photobucket to cooperate. Great start, can't wait to read the rest!

Yes it finally decided to cooperate. I got some great tips on here of things to try to get it to work and it did. Thanks for reading my review. I hope you enjoy the rest

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No problem, I'm still trying to figure out what cruise line to book, so I don't even know what to ask, but I am thoroughly enjoying your review! Thanks so much for taking the time to do it!!!

Well don't hesitate to ask any questions. You can't go wrong with booking a Carnival cruise. I hope you enjoy the rest of my review. And I will do my best to help you choose a cruise

wrigley80, Thanks for taking the time to write your reviews, I truly enjoy them! We sail on the Legend next month, and I am getting very anxious! Can't wait to see the rest!

You are so welcome. Happy to hear that you enjoy my review. We cruised on the Legend 2 years ago and it is a beautiful ship. Be sure to visit the Steakhouse onboard. It's in a very unique place onboard

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2052_zpsdc5c1ff9.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2053_zps7752f69a.jpg

The Carnival Fantasy class ships have a very nice Waterworks area. It was a cloudy day so there wasn't anyone using it on embarkation day.

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2055_zps93bf15e3.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2056_zps47fd40cd.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2057_zps94bbcb5a.jpg

I love this picture. It really shows how big the funnel really is

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2064_zps4b527a17.jpg

Another great picture of me and my dad.

Well after this time we decided to head down to our cabin to see if our bags had arrived. They were there and we met our cabin steward. His name was Michael and he was pretty good. Our cabin was on the Empress Deck just a couple doors up from the Atrium Lobby. We were in cabin E60. It was an oceanview cabin.

We decided to put out clothes away and get things put away in the cabin before we headed out for the Muster Drill. We had Muster Station A which was in the show lounge. After the Muster Drill we headed up to Deck 10. The outdoor promenade deck. We watched sail away out here.

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013025_zps34a94f9a.jpg

I sure hope they got my yacht all fueled up so that it is ready to go when I get back

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013029_zpscdd1be94.jpg

Oh wait....Was this my yacht??? I forget after awhile....they all look the same

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013030_zps932b28ee.jpg

I know it's a tough life that I live ;)

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013031_zpsf061b5a8.jpg