Carnival Imagination and Carnival Sunshine - My Back-to-Back Photo Review

wrigley80

What was your issue?? I am able to upload the pics to photo bucket but when I attempt to copy and paste them I am only getting the link from photo bucket and not the actual picture.

It was actually a different issue. Many of my photos didn't show the entire image or didn't show up here at all. I'm not sure what the issue was, but I just wound-up posting a link to my blog.

The issue with the pictures not posting correctly is probably a temporary glitch with Photobucket and not anything your are doing. I did a review this past September and noticed recently that some of the pictures weren't showing up. I went and reloaded all of them back into Photobucket (and now have duplicates taking up space) and last I noticed, they were showing up again. I hope you can get your pictures to post. I've seen and enjoyed your reviews in the past, love your pictures and am looking forward to this one. We were in New Orleans in 1996 and LOVED it, so I'm really excited for that portion of your review too. Would love to get back there one of these days.

We are from northern Illinois and we flew out on Sunday, December 1. When I booked our flights back in September I didn't realize that is was Thanksgiving weekend. I am so happy that I booked our flight out of our local airport (Rockford) instead of flying out of Midway or O'Hare. We flew on Allegiant Airlines on a non-stop flight from Rockford, IL to Punta Gorda, FL. Anyone who has flew into Punta Gorda will understand the convenience at this airport. It has 2 gates and you exit the plane onto the tarmac. There is only one baggage claim area at the airport. It was so convenient. I will definitely fly in here again if I cruise out of Miami again

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013001_zpsdf0fb789.jpg

Here is my dad waiting to board our flight to Punta Gorda. As you can see in the terminal there weren't too many people

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013002_zpsbc959a5b.jpg

See what I mean.....you walk down the ramp onto the tarmac to get inside the airport

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013004_zps34a2ba5c.jpg

We rented a car here at the airport. The Rental Car facility is outside the airport so my dad waited for me outside while I went to pick up the car. As you can see from our bags it looks like we were packed for a small army

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013005_zps9ded1372.jpg

We stopped at the Ron Jon Surf Shop in Fort Myers so that we could get a t-shirt. I love the t-shirts at Ron Jon

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013008_zps6e1f96aa.jpg

My dad out front. This was a nice store and a good place to stop before we jumped back on I-75 and headed east towards Miami

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013010_zpsa0b3c602.jpg

As we started out our drive towards Miami the skies started to get very dark and purple looking. With us coming from the Midwest we were sure that we were about to drive through a tornado.

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013011_zps0ecbdc94.jpg

I really like this picture. You can see the rainbow and there on the right was a water spout. It was like a tornado that didn't reach the ground

Now I always pre-book our hotels for our pre-cruise stay (we always fly in the day before the cruise). Never sure what the weather is going to be like in Illinois in December so its always better to leave a day early.

This was the first time that we pre-paid for our hotel stay. I am a Choice Priviledges member so I always look first for Choice hotels (Comfort Inn, Quality Inn, etc.). I found a Sleep Inn and Suites in Dania Beach that got good reviews on Trip Advisor. This hotel was perfect.....the beds were very comfortable, nice breakfast in the morning, quiet rooms and clean.

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013014_zpsa108c9d1.jpg

We had a 2 queen bed room with a sitting area. The room was quite large.

This hotel was across the street from a Publix grocery store so we picked up our pop and water before heading back to the hotel for the night

We ate dinner that night at a Chili's restaurant that was down the street. Prior to leaving on our cruise I redeemed some points from my Carnival Sea Miles MasterCard for a Chili's gift card so our dinner that night was free. That was a nice way to start out the cruise.

Ok who is ready for the cruise portion of the review to begin. First up will be our cruise on the Carnival Imagination. This was a 4-day cruise to Key West and Cozumel