New to RCL, help with Central Park View on Oasis/Allure

twindaddy

I am new to RCL, giving the Oasis a try after many Disney Cruises and a few Carnival cruises.

Our family uses two cabins, usually one a balcony and one an inside. We decided to splurge on a balcony/central park view combo on the Oasis. I picked 9177 so the cabins would be right across from each other.

Please watch this video. At 6 or 7 seconds, you can see my window.

Is that a public balcony right next to it, with the glass wall? That would be a no deal, and I will bump down a few cabins. I am more worried about someone looking in and dying from fright/disgust, the sight of hairy backs have been known to kill folks. :eek:

You can also see it at about 13 seconds in this video, it looks like a public balcony to me.

Anyone know?

Thanks in advance for the help!

All CP balconies are private. You learn to keep your curtains drawn if you are parading around in your birthday suit or changing.

As far as your neighbors peeking, same as an oceanview balcony.

I am talking about the central park VIEW, window cabins, not the balcony. The windows right above the Coach store.

There is a difference between walking around naked and having a balcony right outside your cabin that people can peek in. KWIM?

I am talking about the central park VIEW, window cabins, not the balcony. The windows right above the Coach store.

There is a difference between walking around naked and having a balcony right outside your cabin that people can peek in. KWIM?

I see what you are referring to, and it does look like a balcony. However, I've not heard of any guest accessible balconies in the forward area of Central Park.

In early Nov I had cabin 9185, which is above the coach store. I usually book inside cabins, but there was a deal on this one so I jumped on it. Best cabin ever. Huge bay window with a seat, larger than usual cabin. I was concerned about noise from below but the window is well insulated so I heard nothing except one time a loud drunk was down there. It was magic having a tree outside the window on a cruise ship, and at night the twinkly lights were beautiful. Only negative, for me, was the very long hike to the dining room, but at least I got exercise. Would do it again. Not sure about other cabins, such as the ones above the restaurants.

My friends had decided to try a central park balcony, deck 10, and would not do it again, very noisy and no privacy, also no view of the ocean.

We had the central park balcony on the Oasis. Honestly, loved the view but absolutely no privacy. Even if you just want to keep the curtains open for a little extra light. You can see directly into the cabins across the way regardless of the deck.

We are glad we did it but won't do it again. We are going on the Oasis in August and I booked a ocean balcony.

In early Nov I had cabin 9185, which is above the coach store. I usually book inside cabins, but there was a deal on this one so I jumped on it. Best cabin ever. Huge bay window with a seat, larger than usual cabin. I was concerned about noise from below but the window is well insulated so I heard nothing except one time a loud drunk was down there. It was magic having a tree outside the window on a cruise ship, and at night the twinkly lights were beautiful. Only negative, for me, was the very long hike to the dining room, but at least I got exercise. Would do it again. Not sure about other cabins, such as the ones above the restaurants.

My friends had decided to try a central park balcony, deck 10, and would not do it again, very noisy and no privacy, also no view of the ocean.

Thanks, I was actually thinking of moving down to that cabin exactly. It would seem the tree would block the people right across from you, at least a little.

My ta said the Central Park balconies have privacy issues, but the window cabins are better.

Thanks for your note, I think I will give that room a try!

Definite privacy issues with a CP balcony. We booked it because we were paying for the cruise with Marriott miles which had to be booked and used before the end of the year or else forfeited. They had no OV balconies left in their quota so we took it. We wouldn't do CP again unless HUGE price difference.

All Oasis class ships have decent sized cabins, 177 ft and up so no incentive to avoiding an inside on this class.

Definite privacy issues with a CP balcony. We booked it because we were paying for the cruise with Marriott miles which had to be booked and used before the end of the year or else forfeited. They had no OV balconies left in their quota so we took it. We wouldn't do CP again unless HUGE price difference.

All Oasis class ships have decent sized cabins, 177 ft and up so no incentive to avoiding an inside on this class.

Good info. I would never do the balcony, every has said what you have...major privacy issues. I am doing the Central Park View WINDOW, I love the bench/picture window...plus there were no insides and balconies near each other. The prices is only a tiny bit more than an inside, and I get the bench and some natural light, and right across the hall from the family.

Hopefully that is not a public balcony, I might bump down a few cabins anyway.

I just spotted your cabin on the video, did that big white pillar cause any view issues out the window?

I don't remember any issue with a pillar. I would sit in the window seat and be able to pretty much see in both directions and across. With the sheers pulled in the daytime I didn't see where anyone could see in. Of course at night the cabin steward pulled the heavy drape. It was funny how some folks walking below didn't seem to recognize that cabins were able to see them, amazing how many folks adjust their clothing and other things while walking across Central park :)

Yes, that is a public balcony that you can step out on. However, I'm not certain if they could lean over and look into your window. I have stayed in a Central Park View cabin on Deck 9 and while I enjoyed the cabin, there were privacy issues as well. Keep your curtains closed if you don't want to be seen!!!

Yes, that is a public balcony that you can step out on. However, I'm not certain if they could lean over and look into your window. I have stayed in a Central Park View cabin on Deck 9 and while I enjoyed the cabin, there were privacy issues as well. Keep your curtains closed if you don't want to be seen!!!

Thanks for the info, I figured that looked like a balcony, and the deck plan seemed to show a little path.

Even if I never open the blinds, I get natural light and a nice little bench. Works for me.