Walkie-Talkie

megreedy

Work or not. Very annoying and inconsiderate. One of the pleasures of cruising is getting away from all the folks who use their cell phones in public in a manner that infringes. It is one step away from that.

This is just my opinion. And I am sure some people find a way to make it work and respect others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I have used them and they work fine as long as you can hear well

Next Cruise

2/24/2014 Carnival Triumph

Past Cruises

Platinum !!!!

11/4/2013 Carnival Triumph

10/30/13 Carnival Triumph

9/29/2013 Carnival Magic

4/15/2013 Carnival Elation

12/9/2012 Mariner of Sea

3/22/2012 Carnival Triumph

1/30/2012 Carnival Triumph

2/28/2011 Carnival Ecstasy

12/5/2010 CarnivalConquest

1/23/2010 Carnival Ecstasy

10/12/2008 Carnival Conquest

countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=SgtNaNa&date=2-24-2014&text=60th birthday cruise!!&ship=Carnival Triumph

Unless you are a member of the crew, people who insist on using walkie talkies are in the same category as those who smoke on their balconies, wear backwards baseball caps at dinner and fart in elevators.

If they work and give peace of mind to parents, in my opinion, let people have them! People need to be more tolerant of others and quit being self centered. We all pay our cruise fare, we all have pet peeves, relax and don't let little things bother you so much!

If they work and give peace of mind to parents, in my opinion, let people have them! People need to be more tolerant of others and quit being self centered. We all pay our cruise fare, we all have pet peeves, relax and don't let little things bother you so much!

I love being told what I need to do... thanks for that!

Perhaps it is you who should be more tolerant of others' intolerance. Don't let it bother you so much.

That is not an issue here. I know that I will not spend one minute on my trip complaining or worrying about what other passengers are doing. At the same time, I am not going to worry about how my activities bother anybody else. I do not consider myself an inconsiderate traveler but I do not worry about what others think of me or my family either.

Besides, isn't that what the most of the people on here do...tell others not to do things that bug them? Don't call the ship a boat, don't use walkie talkies, leave your cell phone in your safe. It doesn't end. It seems that if people are just going to be miserable,they are always going to find something that offends them.

had ours for our first cruise.

Just me and my two kiddos

worked great since they didn't get off the ship in Bermuda and I wanted to go shopping.....

all was wonderful

they called me and i them....

until they didn't answer me

hmmm.....

they dropped theirs in the hot tub

Edited by RYMOMA

IMHO, People need to go back to the old school of thought and be considerate of others around them who also paid their cruise fare.

What we have here are lots of people in a confined space. Have you heard these things? They are definately annoying. Why would anybody intentionally subject others to this? Why would the wants and needs of the walkie talkie cruiser supercede the others?

BTW, I cruised with a family group over 50 (all ages) people and we managed, just communicate, set meeting times and spaces.

But wait, we are now in the ME GENERATION, right?

We subscribed to the NCL IConcierge App on our smartphones. It allowed us to communicate by messagingor phone, and if you don't want to annoy others, you can just have the smartphone on vibrate rather than ring.

LIKE. This is brilliant. Thank you for being considerate.

Wow. Have never been annoyed by people using walkie talkies...

Well, once it happens you will understand. Like some cell phone users who think they have to shout.

And, it might not be so bad if people kept it to a minimum, but alas. Not so.

Like it or not, electronic devices have embedded in our society and culture. Although some people try to escape the clutches of the electronic age on vacation, others embrace it. As I said before, we all have our pet peeves, and with so many people on board I'm sure that if you want to you can find enough to ruin your vacation... Or you can not let such petty stuff bother you and realize that everybody pays their fare and there is no rule against electronic devices. In the end, I say use your devices, try to be courteous, and let the curmudgeons be as miserable as they want to be!

Like it or not, electronic devices have embedded in our society and culture. Although some people try to escape the clutches of the electronic age on vacation, others embrace it. As I said before, we all have our pet peeves, and with so many people on board I'm sure that if you want to you can find enough to ruin your vacation... Or you can not let such petty stuff bother you and realize that everybody pays their fare and there is no rule against electronic devices. In the end, I say use your devices, try to be courteous, and let the curmudgeons be as miserable as they want to be!

I was with ya until you resorted to name calling.

I can understand both sides, one side, understandably not wanting to be disturbed by the annoying crackle that you hear with the walkie-talkies or hand held radios and the side wanting to keep in touch with their family members.

No need to name-call though we all have our preferences.

I was just remembering when, they had those little pagers you put on your belt that would vibrate and you'd receive a message. Too bad they're no longer in use b/c I think those would be perfect in a situation like this.

Happy New Year everyone may you have a wonderful prosperous and cruise filled year.