TCX 254/255 Manchester to Barbados

misscolina

We booked and paid £60 for 2 seats together when the flightplanner opened up 9 weeks before departure.

We were informed by email 3 days before we flew that row 36 does not exist on this flight. If you have booked these seats (2 seats instead of 3) then you are going to be greatly disappointed as we were. P&O were not very helpful with regards to 2 seats together, in the end we changed the flight to Thomsons dreamliner premium seats at a cost of £249 each, as this was all that was available at such short notice.

So I just wanted to share this with anyone that has row 36 booked so that they have a chance to change there seats.

I admit to being a bit confused here :confused:

Did the system allow you to actually book row 36? if so, why, if it didn't exist?

I've heard some strange stories about P&O's 'seat bookings', but if that was the case, its pretty bad :(

Lou

Well, i've just been on these 2 flights on Fridays this month, and the aircraft had up to row 41. The flight was full, but the Saturday flight i believe was nowhere near full.

Did you go on a saturday? Maybe the Thomas Cook flights on Saturdays are a smaller aircraft if its not going to be full!!!

TCX 254 is a Friday flight using the A330-200, on the cruise Personaliser you can select row 36 which shows this is a row of 2 seats not 3 but the plane configuration has been uploaded to the P&O site wrongly, therefore if you do select row 36 this will be a row of 3 seats and not 2. I hope this clarifies my earlier post.

I know the airline seat you together if they can but we like to sit on a row of 2 at the rear of the plane because neither I or my DH like to sit in the middle seat of 3.

How many actually pre-book seats on the aircraft ?

I see this as just another way to get more money out of you, especially when on the majority of scheduled flights you can do this for free.

I think the config on our flight is 2-4-2 but would prefer a window seat, guess we might have to copper up an extra 60 quid :rolleyes: