Onboard the Marina..headed to Papeete

computerworks

First sea day.Santiago was a real treat.

Today. ..we had a great M & G..over 100 folks.

Tomorrow. ..Robinson Crusoe Isl....then NYE and a whole bunch of sea days.

Marina is all we anticipated. Internet speed is respectable

Posting from my phone out by the pool.

am trying to decide whether to do this trip,or the Tahitia round trip one.

Concerned whether size of ship will hinder port tours,etc.Trying to compare between Marina,Regent,and Paul Gauguin.Or none of the above and somewhere else for Dec.2015.

Isnt cruising tough, so many places, so little time.haha.

Help me make a decision,thanks.:)

First sea day.Santiago was a real treat.

Today. ..we had a great M & G..over 100 folks.

Tomorrow. ..Robinson Crusoe Isl....then NYE and a whole bunch of sea days.

Marina is all we anticipated. Internet speed is respectable

Posting from my phone out by the pool.

Just noticed the last line "posting from my phone out by the pool"..if your trying to make us jealous, its working! 29 F here in Atlanta!

am trying to decide whether to do this trip,or the Tahitia round trip one.

Concerned whether size of ship will hinder port tours,etc.Trying to compare between Marina,Regent,and Paul Gauguin.Or none of the above and somewhere else for Dec.2015.

Isnt cruising tough, so many places, so little time.haha.

Help me make a decision,thanks.:)

All the ships you mention all get into the same places... none has an advantage of the next except Marina has more variety than the others.

You want to do a Mainland to Tahiti and flt home or Fly to Tahiti and then on to the mainland.

Even better take a Australia to California cruise that's hits Tahiti Fiji and others... !

a 7-14 day circle Tahiti is a waste of time and money...

You realize December it the height of their hot rainy summer? Suggest April.May or October/November Dec-March! No way unless you love bugs rain and humidity

Bon Voyage computerworks :) Save some of the wonderful food for us folk boarding on 1/15/2014.

Hawaiidan, I hope you realize that not all of us have the luxury of time while we are working. I intend to make the most of my time and then some.

Fun day at Juan Fernandez Isle yesterday.

Today...first of four sea days on the way to Easter Isle.

Angela had culinary class... and then cancelled the rest after one session with the so-called instructor. We'll leave it at that. :rolleyes:

Great dinner at Polo last night.. tonite, Jacques and the NYE party on the pool deck.

Bon Voyage computerworks :)

Hawaiidan, I hope you realize that not all of us have the luxury of time while we are working. I intend to make the most of my time and then some.

I realize that some do have to work. My suggestion was in this region you need to travel there when you get the time. Maybe put it off a few years because the rewards are greater. Too, when I worked I saved vacation days and skipped a year inorder to get 4 to 5 weeks.

Angela had culinary class... and then cancelled the rest after one session with the so-called instructor. We'll leave it at that. :rolleyes:

Great dinner at Polo last night.. tonite, Jacques and the NYE party on the pool deck.

Would you care to elaborate regarding the culinary class ? If not, no problem.

I realize that some do have to work. My suggestion was in this region you need to travel there when you get the time. Maybe put it off a few years because the rewards are greater. Too, when I worked I saved vacation days and skipped a year inorder to get 4 to 5 weeks.

Some day Hawaiidan. Some day :) This cruise was the right time and right price for my schedule so we thought "what the heck". At least it gives us an excuse to scout out "the" spot we'd like to explore further the next time when we have more time. I'm pretty spoiled in that I get to go to Hawaii for my work fairly often but am planning a trip in 2016 using my points and miles. That will coincide with the end of my next, large work project that will leave very little for vacation until then.

Some day Hawaiidan. Some day :) This cruise was the right time and right price for my schedule so we thought "what the heck". At least it gives us an excuse to scout out "the" spot we'd like to explore further the next time when we have more time. I'm pretty spoiled in that I get to go to Hawaii for my work fairly often but am planning a trip in 2016 using my points and miles. That will coincide with the end of my next, large work project that will leave very little for vacation until then.

Think this one long and hard....spending miles to go to Hawaii either in coach or first is one of the biggest rip-offs going. premium miles for crummy seats crummy service. It will cost you $1500 worth of miles for what you could buy for $700-800 Save those miles for international travel where you make money on the deal. not loose Using the same miles to get to Hawaii Coach a 5 hour bus ride, Can get you a First class ticket SFO to Frankfurt or Buenos Aires. In a bed...a real lie flat suite worth $5000 !!! Getting a 5000 ticket for $1500 is a deal Getting a $800 for $1500 is not.

Would you care to elaborate regarding the culinary class ? If not, no problem.

Sure.. have done them before and really enjoyed them.

Unfortunately, this Chef is really the wrong person for the job...

...no classroom skills, most of the time actually spent yelling, rather than using the terrific AV setup... literally just rushed through the agenda with very little instruction....did closeup work out of the camera view..so no one could see.... it was simply very bad.

Sure.. have done them before and really enjoyed them.

Unfortunately, this Chef is really the wrong person for the job...

...no classroom skills, most of the time actually spent yelling, rather than using the terrific AV setup... literally just rushed through the agenda with very little instruction....did closeup work out of the camera view..so no one could see.... it was simply very bad.

Mentioning on your Mid Cruise comment card? Oceania is very willing to be corrective...

Happy New Year, everyone.

Holy cow! ..what a NYE party we had! Amazing.... for those who have asked if they do anything special.

Deck 12 was a sea of people...live band plus DJ, hats and noisemakers... champagne for all at the stroke of midnight....dancing with the entertainment staff, shooting the breeze with the Captain... overall, just whooping it up.

I will post a video of the countdown when I get to a place with bandwidth.

Today is recovery day (and sea day #2 on the way to Isla de Pasqua.)

Holiday Brunch this morning in the GDR... need to crawl down before they close. :o

Another poster asked about this, too, but what was wrong with the culinary class? I'm interested in this because I've signed up for a couple of classes during our upcoming cruise on Marina.

We have friends onboard not on cruise critic and they are having a very nice time.

Hey, Chat... guaranteed we are having a better time than most. :p

The ship is fantastic. ...and the crew is amazing.

The class was by no means a spoiler...really, no biggee.

We have had great classes on the Riviera... this was not. Simple as that.

Two more sea days until Easter Island. The seas have been calm and the weather is perfect.

Have met so mant great people and thoroughly enjoyed the relaxed time onboard.

Today was a Holiday Brunch in the GDR. We arrived at 10 am and sat with 2 other couples...

And closed the place at 1 pm. :p

It is 9 pm...still daylight, sitting by the pool.

Tomorrow. ..wine tasting and more.

Hey, Chat... guaranteed we are having a better time than most. :p

The ship is fantastic. ...and the crew is amazing.

The class was by no means a spoiler...really, no biggee.

We have had great classes on the Riviera... this was not. Simple as that.

Two more sea days until Easter Island. The seas have been calm and the weather is perfect.

Have met so mant great people and thoroughly enjoyed the relaxed time onboard.

Today was a Holiday Brunch in the GDR. We arrived at 10 am and sat with 2 other couples...

And closed the place at 1 pm. :p

It is 9 pm...still daylight, sitting by the pool.

Tomorrow. ..wine tasting and more.

Sounds like you are having a great time. We will be getting on, on the 15th. Simply can't wait.