Must-have souvenirs

mom2kids00

As a shopper I am always looking for interesting items.

In West End Village there is a shop called Evelyns. It is open air and jammed full of interesting stuff.

I purchased a gorgeous table runner that is bright colored fish and is hand embroidered in Honduras ( mainland not Roatan) as well as some small purses with the same embroidered style. Also wood bowls, vases etc..... I also have a beautiful pareo (long scarf I wear as a swimsuit coverup) and I have also been know to throw it on the patio table as a table cloth :)

There is more.......just look around. Something will catch your eye :D

Mahogany and coffee are the main things. But just get the coffee from the grocery store, not the port.

I have been ordering and drinking Copan coffee that I bought in Roatan on my first cruise in 2005. It was in a touristy burlap bag and I loved it. So now I order it and have it delivered to my house.

I found and tried several other types of coffee when I was in Roatan this year. So try something new and you might find you will like it.

Crewsweeper - is the Cameo shop in the immediate area of Coxen Hole when you get off the ship, or do you need to to get a taxi to get there?

Definately too far to walk....so a taxi would be needed. For what its worth I think the cameo factory is way over rated...... and over priced :o