No passport & emergency return from cruise

BullDawg91

The person you are talking about is always snarky. I've learned to skip their posts and move on to the next posts. So don't take it personal, I've learned not to.

Unfortunately there are a number of posts on this forum from people who I would rather not read any more. Thank god the forum has an IGNORE feature where you can put these people on the ignore list and never have to read their posts again. Here is the link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1953598

I also get tired of reading snarky replies. I seems that these people have a great many posts but offer little good information.

I recommended this board to my daughter before out last cruise. She said that it seemed people were only interested in talking about themselves and not at all interested in offering helpful advice.

I will start using the IGNORE feature and enjoy reading the posts again.

If I have ever said that I purchase travel insurance because I have a significant risk of needing it then I must have mis-spoken (or mis-typed). I do not have a significant risk when traveling without a passport, it is very low. BUT the risk is not zero so I carry insurance for those risks that I have not foreseen. I do understand that if something were to happen I would not be able to return home immediately and would need to rely on others to make that happen.

Sorry I just misunderstood your post about travel insurance and passports:)

Unfortunately there are a number of posts on this forum from people who I would rather not read any more. Thank god the forum has an IGNORE feature where you can put these people on the ignore list and never have to read their posts again. Here is the link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1953598

Thanks for the reminder. I already have one person on my ignore list and it might be time to start the New Year off by updating it.

We had to get passports years ago for a cruise, it was not an option. Since then we've been through one renewal.

After reading through the thread, my thought is that I don't want to know, I don't want to be put into a situation where I may have to get an emergency passport. Every situation can end up differently and there is no concrete answer, it would all be after the fact. In a stressful situation such as an emergency illness or accident, who wants to go through the extra hassle and added expense of flights + hotel + whatever else?

If nothing else, this thread has inspired me to always take the name and contact information of the Port Agent with us.

We don't carry our actual passports on tours. Copies, yes. I would think the possibility of losing your actual passport would be too great.