Specialty Restaurant Brunch??

MaggieAtSea

Sailing on Summit… it will be the 3rd time for us on her… and for the life of me I cannot recall if there is a brunch served in the Normandie restaurant? I know there is in the MDR, but don't recall if the specialty restaurant offers one. As suite guests we are entitled to one specialty dinner comp on our 7 day sailing… we were thinking of asking for brunch instead of dinner in Normandie if such a thing was available. Normandie dinner we've done, and Qsine did not impress.

Anyone know??

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Sailing on Summit… it will be the 3rd time for us on her… and for the life of me I cannot recall if there is a brunch served in the Normandie restaurant? I know there is in the MDR, but don't recall if the specialty restaurant offers one. As suite guests we are entitled to one specialty dinner comp on our 7 day sailing… we were thinking of asking for brunch instead of dinner in Normandie if such a thing was available. Normandie dinner we've done, and Qsine did not impress.

Anyone know??

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Hi, I have sailed Summit 6 times and they have never served brunch

in Normandie. None of the Specialty Restaurants offer brunch.

Happy New Year to you as well:)

No brunch in the speciality restaurants. If there are sufficient reservations, the fanciest specialty restaurant on each ship (i.e., SS Normandie, Murano, Ocean Liners, Olympic, or SS United States) has one lunch per cruise.

We enjoy the specialty restaurant lunches a lot. This year, three of our five Celebrity cruises had specialty restaurant lunches. Insufficient demand on the other two cruises.

Edited by X-elite

No brunch in the speciality restaurants. If there are sufficient reservations, the fanciest specialty restaurant on each ship (i.e., SS Normandie, Murano, Ocean Liners, Olympic, or SS United States) has one lunch per cruise.

We enjoy the specialty restaurant lunches a lot. This year, three of our five Celebrity cruises had specialty restaurant lunches. Insufficient demand on the other two cruises.

On our recent repositioning on the Infinity, both Qsine and SS United States were open for lunch ($25 cover) on multiple sea days. I wouldn't count on it and I'm not trying to come off as pedantic, just sharing! We were also being bombarded with 20-30% discount offers for dinner, so we did that instead of the lunch.

On our cruise last year a specialty staff member said they TRY offering 1 specialty lunch per sailing (which would be included under the 'Ultimate' dining package). The offering rotated between Qsine and Murano (were on Summit). However, there weren't enough reservations and it was cancelled (but they did offer us the $25 lunch price for that evening). Also, the 'Tapas and Wine Tasting' ($20?) at 5pm in the Cellars was cancelled due to falling short of 8 minimum reserving - maybe a casualty of all the beverage package promotions. Good Luck