Shuttle or Taxi in Ft.Lauderdale?

Liesel

We will be leaving on 1/30/14 with Princess to the Panama Canal. We will be staying the night prior at the Embassy Suites on 17th Street.

We are three adults and each of us has one large suitcase and good size carry-on. My question is, would it be cheaper to take the hotel shuttle or get a taxi. I am thinking the taxi would be cheaper if we split 3 ways. I am a little worried that the taxi will not take three adults with all the luggage though?

We will be leaving on 1/30/14 with Princess to the Panama Canal. We will be staying the night prior at the Embassy Suites on 17th Street.

We are three adults and each of us has one large suitcase and good size carry-on. My question is, would it be cheaper to take the hotel shuttle or get a taxi. I am thinking the taxi would be cheaper if we split 3 ways. I am a little worried that the taxi will not take three adults with all the luggage though?

I'd go with a taxi. There seem to be a large number of minivan taxis available in the port area, you should have no problem.

For sure with three, do the cab. If a normal sedan isn't big enough you can get a SUV cab. But most likely the car will be big enough. Same cost for either. And you can go on YOUR schedule and straight to YOUR ship.

What's the scene like when we get off the boat and head towards the Fort Lauderdale airport?

Pretty orderly when getting a cab?

I figure the transportation people have it done to an art by now...

This is our first time going on the Oasis in March.

ES offers shuttle service to the port for $8.00 p.p., a taxi will cost between $12.00 - $20.00. However, DW and I opt for a taxi on the chance that security at the port is checking every vehicle or there is a back up at the drop of point.

In my prior experiences from the ES, shuttle was $7 pp, I think it'd now $8 pp, plus a tip. A taxi was $8-9 total (plus tip). If a large sedan or SUV isn't outside the hotel wait a few minutes one will appear. The taxi drivers know where the business is, especially on cruise days.

SAS

What's the scene like when we get off the boat and head towards the Fort Lauderdale airport?

Pretty orderly when getting a cab?

I figure the transportation people have it done to an art by now...

This is our first time going on the Oasis in March.

All depends on when you diseembark. The early birds will tend to be more stressed trying to catch the earlier flights. There will be a line but the cabs keep coming so it goes pretty quick. There will be shuttle companies trying to lure folks out of the cab line. With promiosed that it's only $7 and they are headed out immediately. Don't bother. They don't tell unsuspecting riders that is a per person rate and if the van isn't full, you'll most likely sit and wait while they gather up more riders.