Is it normal for suites to sell out over 11 months before sailings?

luvs2fly

Well...as we've never booked a super-duper deluxe suite and probably never will, we really don't care what our TA tells us about the whys' and wherefore's of them being booked 11 months out or the day prior to embarkation. As she seems to get us the best prices and the best perks, I think we'll keep her regardless of what she has to say about the pricy penthouse cabins.

I don't blame you at all but were it me, I'd be a little concerned what other incorrect information that TA might be passing along. If they can get some things so wrong, is there other information we depend upon that is wrong?

My upcoming cruise was booked a little over 11 months out. All of the suites where gone when I booked! Except for a couple of handicap ones. There were no promotions for my cruise when I booked, and the price was average. There were definitely better deals to be found on better ships. However I really liked the itinerary, so we decided to snatch up the last aqua 1 aft balcony. I kept checking availability and the veranda's all gone by early summer.

After final payment a few rooms did open up, but nothing great. Our cruise is over Valentine's Day, could this have something to do with it? Or could it be that there is some large group onboard (which i'm hoping isn't the case). Is this common?

If it's Valentines' Day this year, it kicks off Presidents Day weekend and winter break for some schools in the NorthEast -- so, that might have something to do with the popularity of that particular cruise. We learned all of this, when we booked a Century cruise, which departs Port Everglades that weekend.

We also recently booked the Eclipse holiday (Christmas & New Year) sailing for this year. Even thirteen months out, it was hard to find a cabin we wanted. Folks on our roll-call have posted that the sailing is nearly full -- and yes, the suites apparently sold out first!

• 2 weeks later...

Let me just add this.....we're a fairly large group (38 pax sailing in 3 weeks) A couple has procrastinated for WAY too long and finally called our TA last week to book. The ONLY thing available is a top of line suite. Too pricy....they're not coming.