Lynn Canal

Lady Anna & Sir Troy

Anyone out there can comment or share pictures about Lynn Canal? Considering going on a trip out of Skagway to visit Lynn Canal in mid May. I love seeing cliff like fjords with waterfalls and the wildlife. Yes, we plan to visit Misty Fjords but by plane and I'd like to see one by boat as well.

L.A.S.T.

Try typing "Lynn Canal Photographs" into Google. There are many many photos there. Really easy.

DON

You sail up Lynn Canal to get to Skagway - if you get up early, you can see it all twice, north and south, for free.

Now this I hadn't thought of. Doh! Thank you! Think I would still like to get closer though - I just love looking up at large boulders with water running down the sides of them.

L.A.S.T

We went in August, but we're going again this year in May and taking the same tour. It's not cold because you wear those Michelin man suits. I found the review I posted to Tripadvisor:

“Do this!!”

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We have been to Skagway seven times on cruises. We've done the Glacier Point Safari, the White Pass RR, fishing on Chilkoot lake, kayaking on Chilkoot Lake, Chilkoot Hike and Float, and kayaking with train tours, so after doing about everything the cruise lines had to offer, I came across this tour on Google and thought it was worth a couple hours. It ended up being one of my favorite tours in Alaska.

We had so much fun zipping along the Lynn Canal, stopping to see amazing waterfalls, eagles and their nests, harbor seals and even a couple humpbacks. I forgot my camera and one of the guides took a picture of us with his cell phone and mailed it to me. I thought that was very nice.

Probably not for the faint of heart, as you do go very fast between photo stops, but so much more fun than sitting on that railroad for hours. Would certainly recommend.