Explore4 question

g&gtravel

When we went into our stateroom we found a card that informed us that we had been assigned the first night at 9:30 PM, however we already had reservations for the Pinnacle for that night. We were able to change the Explore4, but our choices were pretty limited, only a few nights left, after 9PM, even for a party of 2.

Sounds like they are using Explore4 to fill their off peak times at the PG.

Our Alaksa cruise is much more expensive right now than when we booked with explore 4. We won't be using our dining reservation (the Italian place because we booked an inside) because of celiac/gluten intolerance LOL I'm most interested in the drink card ;)

Our Alaksa cruise is much more expensive right now than when we booked with explore 4. We won't be using our dining reservation (the Italian place because we booked an inside) because of celiac/gluten intolerance LOL I'm most interested in the drink card ;)

You could just do the Antipasto and a couple of desserts- the Tiramisu Trio is very good (and of course several Glasses of Chianti)

We're with you on the drink card!!!! :cool:

Edited by frankc98376

We have Explore4 but now the same cruise is $250 pp cheaper through HALs site. But my at said HAL won't allow her to cancel/rebook to get the savings.

Final payment for my cruise is March 23rd. I booked directly through HAL and had no issues with them re pricing my cruise along with the new promotion.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Yikes, there is no way I'm eating after 9pm! I eat around 6pm on most nights. If this continues to be a trend I may give up the explore4 deal and take whatever comes up next with a price drop. :)

I WISH I could do that, but my roomie is so excited about the drink program it will never happen. I don't drink at all:(

This will no longer be an issue, just dropped Explore 4. Called and got the new Above and Beyond deal with a $500/pp reduction in price, 50% reduced deposit still on it and the $150 OBC. Now we'll also get the 10% off our excursions.

Sounds like you got a good package. Enjoy. You seem happier with Above and Beyond than you were with Explore 4.

Just take your assignment card to the PG when you board and ask to add the extra person to your table. Shouldn't be a problem.

The problem could be they have a two top table reserved but there might not be a table to accomodate three available.

But they will get the above and beyond package that offers an on board credit and still has the reduced deposit.

HAL said nope. Can't do it, it is considered a cancel/rebook and the promos prohibit them.

Not all cruises qualify for the Above and Beyond promotion - only select ones booked for June through a specified time. So a person who booked a May cruise with Explore 4 would not be able to switch to Above and Beyond.

Besides that obvious difference, I'm wondering why it is that some people can switch promotions and others not - assuming the cruise qualifies in the first place.

Likewise, some have reported getting price reductions while retaining the Explore 4 package.

How does that happen? Is there language somewhere in the policy that spells out exceptions or does it depend on the skill of your TA? Whoever answers the phone when you call?

Just wondering about the apparent inconsistencies. Am I missing something?

You could just do the Antipasto and a couple of desserts- the Tiramisu Trio is very good (and of course several Glasses of Chianti)

We're with you on the drink card!!!! :cool:

Isn't tiramisu made with cake? No can do with celiac although it sounds delish!

Further, I'm not sure I'll want to pay for our 3 girls to join us. ;) I wonder if I can give our reservations to a friend. . . I'm guessing the dinner is non-transferable.

Edited by AlohaPride

We are on a B2B Coastal followed by Inside Passage in May. I'm thinking that since the Coastal is not an Explore 4 the Pinnacle will be relatively quiet. We're hoping maybe they will let us move the "free" dinner to the first leg and use the paid one for the second. Never hurts to ask I guess. We've already booked and paid for 8 out of our 11 nights in the Pinnacle so we are hoping the will be a little more flexible.

HAL said nope. Can't do it, it is considered a cancel/rebook and the promos prohibit them.

That seems wrong considering I've called twice and been given the same answer. This time I actually took the change. I booked directly through HAL and it definitely was not a cancelation to rebook or we would have had problems with the airfare we already purchased through them.