Are your flights to Fort Lauderdale Impacted by Today/Tomorrow Storm?

Chelly

Toronto International (Pearson) was shut down completely for 2 hours. [url]http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/pearson-airport-scene-of-massive-backlog-from-weather-woes-1.2486668[/url]

They had to call in the police to calm down the crowds, who couldn't get their luggage, as the ground crews weren't allowed outside to off-load the planes in the extreme cold. :eek:

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"]I'm not leaving for a couple of weeks, but I do use O'Hare - which is always dicey in the winter. I've checked my same flight number the past few days, and it's been no more than 45 minutes late. Probably helps that it comes in from San Jose, but it makes me hopeful. If they can get out in this mess, they can most likely get out in whatever mess there is when my time comes. (Knock on wood, twice). [/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='GmaPajama'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"]I'm not leaving for a couple of weeks, but I do use O'Hare - which is always dicey in the winter. I've checked my same flight number the past few days, and it's been no more than 45 minutes late. Probably helps that it comes in from San Jose, but it makes me hopeful. If they can get out in this mess, they can most likely get out in whatever mess there is when my time comes. (Knock on wood, twice). [/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]I'm concerned from this end...JetBlue closed in the Northeast yesterday, planning to resume flights today at 3. Something doesn't sound quite right with that...why only JetBlue? Our flights are around the same time as yours...what day are you flying in? Maybe we can get together for dinner![/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='innlady1'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]I'm concerned from this end...JetBlue closed in the Northeast yesterday, planning to resume flights today at 3. Something doesn't sound quite right with that...why only JetBlue? Our flights are around the same time as yours...what day are you flying in? Maybe we can get together for dinner![/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

innlady - I totally agree with your observation and am curious as to JetBlue's cancellations. I can`t remember an airline doing this. My best thought was employee fatigue...we do want to know the planes have been properly de-iced.:o

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Forums mobile app