Has this become common practice for stewards?

Not familiar with B2Bs. Do you do the same cruise you just finished? Do you want or have to get a different room? Sounds like a cool way to turn a one weeker into a two weeker. Maybe we should try that sometime. Thanks.

The choice is yours. If you take two consecutive cruises on ships like Freedom, Oasis, or Allure, then you would have two different itineraries. Most people would want the same stateroom to avoid having to pack and unpack again. If you book far enough in advance, you should be able to find a selection of staterooms that are available on both cruises.

Edited by clarea

Lady_cruiser-

Ironically, it was on the same 9-day Serenade cruise that we experienced such problems with our steward!

We must have had the same steward as we experienced the same problem on this cruise.

It has been a year since our last cruise on Royal. However, on our most recent cruise on Celebrity "M" class the Infinity, we stayed in a suite on the Penthouse Deck. It became very apparent that Celebrity has increased the work load of the stateroom attendants. One day was asked our stateroom attendant how many rooms she was responsible for? Her answer was 25 rooms on Deck 6- that included the Penthouse Suite, Sky Suites, Celebrity Suites, Royal Suites, Concierge Class, and standard balconies. She did have one assistant attendant. What prompted me to ask her, was when I would get up about 6 AM and go to gym both were already working. I would estimate that worked until 1 or 2 PM. I would see them starting working again at about 6 PM, and would continue until some nights to 10 PM or later.

Even on our last cruise on Royal you could see the increased responsibility of the stateroom attendants, so I am assuming Royal increased the amount of rooms to be cleaned.

Just like most companies more work with less people. However, just as a side note pay never keeps up with increased responsibility.

I can safely say its not the work load its the Steward. I was recently on a B2B on Legend, and the first week we had a wonderful Steward, who did the room quickly and we always came back to a clean cabin. We had to change cabins for the second leg, and were at the other end of the same hall. A different Steward, who was one of the liner ones.

We always left the sign out on both cruises, the second leg, the cabin was done very late in the am, and very late in the evening. Both Stewards had a co-worker helping with the cabins. We too, wanted to enjoy our balcony in the evenings, and had to wait until almost 9:30 several evenings, because we were at the end of the hall.

We still got good service from both, just way better from the first Steward, and he was tipped accordingly. (both after, not before)

It has been a year since our last cruise on Royal. However, on our most recent cruise on Celebrity "M" class the Infinity, we stayed in a suite on the Penthouse Deck. It became very apparent that Celebrity has increased the work load of the stateroom attendants. One day was asked our stateroom attendant how many rooms she was responsible for? Her answer was 25 rooms on Deck 6- that included the Penthouse Suite, Sky Suites, Celebrity Suites, Royal Suites, Concierge Class, and standard balconies. She did have one assistant attendant. What prompted me to ask her, was when I would get up about 6 AM and go to gym both were already working. I would estimate that worked until 1 or 2 PM. I would see them starting working again at about 6 PM, and would continue until some nights to 10 PM or later.

Even on our last cruise on Royal you could see the increased responsibility of the stateroom attendants, so I am assuming Royal increased the amount of rooms to be cleaned.

Just like most companies more work with less people. However, just as a side note pay never keeps up with increased responsibility.

Yes, I found that to be true toward the later years at my job. When people left or retired, few were replaced. More stress and responsibility for those who remained.

Did you happen to see the above post? By the way, I do not believe everything just because it says it on the internet. There were quite a few people on the thread that I referred to previously who had been walked in on with the dead bolt locked. Just because you say it can't be done does not mean it is so either.

I also read "on the internet" that it couldn't be done. Hmmmm! I told about it so people would be aware just in case those people who said they were walked in on weren't lying.

Huh?

...I do think over the last couple of years the stewards have more pressure on them and cannot be quite as personable. On Voyager a couple years ago our steward seemed to be there every time we walked down the hall and opened our door for us and all that good stuff to make us feel special. Not necessary but nice. I also tell them my cabin does not have to be serviced every day and I do the same thing in hotels.
On Majesty of the Seas, our room steward was like that: ever-present, and he was extremely helpful, as was the room-steward working adjacent to him. I greeted both of them many times during the cruise, because they were both readily available.

On the Liberty of the Seas cruise, and the Carnival Imagination cruise, the room stewards weren't around much. Not very attentive, at all.

Of course, I prefer not being bothered. But I admit, it was surely nice that the Majesty of the Seas steward was always in the hall and available to answer questions & offer assistance.