Maasdam drydock

Cinder Again

Does anyone know what is planned for the Maasdam's drydock? I know she sails to Freeport today. IflyRC 5 was on her 6 weeks ago, and he was told they were upgrading the wireless and they've already added some new deck chairs, but they weren't sure what else was planned. I sail her right afterward drydock, and I'd love to anticipate her changes!

Does anyone know what is planned for the Maasdam's drydock? I know she sails to Freeport today. IflyRC 5 was on her 6 weeks ago, and he was told they were upgrading the wireless and they've already added some new deck chairs, but they weren't sure what else was planned. I sail her right afterward drydock, and I'd love to anticipate her changes!

We were also on the Maasdam for six weeks. I was told that they are adding wood decking around the Lido Pool to prevent slip and falls and carpet replacement in some of the public areas.

New decking will be nice :-) I've been on her many times, but I don't remember the surface by the Lido pool... Ted said some of the furniture in the lounges looked a little tired. Someone told him the wireless was being updated too. On the last cruise, I was lucky enough to have a wireless antennae right outside my cabin, which was helpful. Thanks!

Kathi, I read somewhere here that they're upgrading the Internet on the ships...so that the "On Location" schedule, for example, is available on line. Something like that.

One thing I really liked on another cruise line was the ability to look at your on board account from your cabin. It might create more work initially for the front desk, but as people got used to looking at it there, it would actually cut back on the lines at the front desk, I think.

I will say it pays to check your bill. I was charged $50 for keeping a DVD that I had already returned. They were able to check and remove the charge, but it showed me I needed to be careful with watching my tab! Icy here in VA, can't wait to get aboard!:cool:

New decking will be nice :-) I've been on her many times, but I don't remember the surface by the Lido pool... Ted said some of the furniture in the lounges looked a little tired. Someone told him the wireless was being updated too. On the last cruise, I was lucky enough to have a wireless antennae right outside my cabin, which was helpful. Thanks!

It is a smooth surface and when wet is very slippery. My understanding is that the wood flooring will extend where people walk from one end of the Lido pool to the other end.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on board Maasdam in October and they need to carry our much more than has been suggested in previous posts!! There was a massive leak in the ceiling of the lido, which took 6 days to find the cause of, and was so bad that they had to have 5 huge plastic bins beneath it to catch the water!!! Our daily entertainment was waiting to see how many crew members would be there looking at the ceiling. 2 cabins along our deck were flooding and for nearly the whole 2 weeks, crew were trying to dry them out as they were unable to offer passengers an alternative as the ship was full. The window in our cabin rattled almost constantly and looked as if it were about to fall out, as well as the fact that the seal was coming away all around it!!

We will NEVER cruise with HAL again.

We were on board Maasdam in October and they need to carry our much more than has been suggested in previous posts!! There was a massive leak in the ceiling of the lido, which took 6 days to find the cause of, and was so bad that they had to have 5 huge plastic bins beneath it to catch the water!!! Our daily entertainment was waiting to see how many crew members would be there looking at the ceiling. 2 cabins along our deck were flooding and for nearly the whole 2 weeks, crew were trying to dry them out as they were unable to offer passengers an alternative as the ship was full. The window in our cabin rattled almost constantly and looked as if it were about to fall out, as well as the fact that the seal was coming away all around it!!

WOW! We were on her last year and the only issue we had was a closet door which they repaired.

I'm hoping all will be well as we go on her in very shortly. Loved her last time - and looking forward to returning.

Sorry to hear about your experience and hoping those issues get fixed.

Which deck?

I don't think you should say never cruise on Hal again based on that. Ships, any ship on any line is a big hunk of machinery with tons of parts and pieces. Things can and will go wrong. We sailed on Grand Princess about 18 months ago. There were leaks all along the hallway our cabin was on. Every day for 2 weeks we had to dodge the fans and dehumidifiers up and down the corridor. And whatever the leak was stunk! So we tried to walk it with our breath held. It Didn't ruin our cruise: it was a mere inconvienience. Would it keep me from sailing Princess again? No, I have a Princess cruise coming up in March.

We also sailed twice recently on the Maasdam and never saw anything like you mentioned. We loved the Maasdam and would like to sail on her again some day.

Thanks for the comments, I guess I'll see for myself come Friday! It's never good if your cabin happens to be the unlucky one with issues, but it's never spoiled a whole trip for me. I love the size of the Maasdam and look forward to seeing what they managed to accomplish in such a short period of time!:D