RC Newbie on Brilliance--need tips

Welcome to CC, you will love the Radiance Class ( Brilliance of the Seas) I can't compare to Carnival in as much as we have never sailed them, but this class of ship offers a lot of views of the ocean due to all the glass in the lounges and other areas. You can sign up for MTD if you prefer not to go to main dining, you are allowed to bring water but not Alcholol except I believe a bottle of wine is. The Buffet area is called the Windjammer. Depending on your room, a standard balcony is around 180 sq ft with a 46 sq ft balacony. A D-1 is 200 sq ft. Have an enjoyable cruise.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

We were on the Brillance in 2010 for a transatlantic from Miami to Southampton.

The ship is absolutely beautiful! We particularly liked the Schooner Bar and the huge lounge right behind it with wonderful aft-facing windows.

I'm sure you will have a fantastic cruise!

My husband and I will be on that same cruise Samzgirl!! I have not been on Brilliance yet, but have been on a radiance class and it was great. Perfect size ship great views. Not sure of the room your in, but they tend to be a bit smaller then Carnival, but nothing major. You should plan on trying the specialty dining a few nights, great food and service!! You will enjoy your first Royal Caribbean cruise I'm sure!!

Kathy

Have been on the Brilliance three times. Very comfortable and nicely appointed ship. Definitely if you MTD, make reservations online to get the best times. Otherwise, you can work with the host for certain times but it was our experience that we will make MTD reservations as part of the precruise sign ups and registration to avoid any problems. We dined at a couple specialty restaurants and found the Chefs Table experience fantastic and the Italian restaurant superb. The Colony Club bar area allows smoking which we did not care for and if going to that venue for an activity, we would go early and sit as far away from the bar as possible. The ship went through upgrades last spring and was great. Have a good cruise.

We've booked Brilliance of the Seas for next October's 13-day repositioning cruise.

This will be our first RCCL cruise what tips do you have for a newbie?

Love your itinerary! I have sailed on two sister ships- Radiance and Serenade, and they are beautiful! Enjoy the three acres of glass- including glass elevators with views to the sea.

Some of our favorite spots onboard are the adults only Solarium, MDR for breakfast and/or lunch, having a specialty coffee at Lattitudes, the Schooner Bar (for trivia games too), the self-leveling billiard tables, a dinner at Chops Grille (specialty restaurant).

Be sure to check your Compass (newsletter) in your stateroom each evening to see activities and info for the following day.

You (and katfish841) may want to check out your Roll Call and meet others on your sailing here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1832199. :)

Hi Samzgirl84,

Definitely check out the CC roll call forum. Also, one of our fellow passengers created this website for the upcoming cruise with lots of tips and ways for everyone to register for different things like hotels and maybe some excursions.

http://brilliance.ahecht.com/

This is our first time on Radiance class, but we love RCCL and look forward to a great 2 week cruise, and meeting lots of new people!!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Samzgirl84,

Definitely check out the CC roll call forum. Also, one of our fellow passengers created this website for the upcoming cruise with lots of tips and ways for everyone to register for different things like hotels and maybe some excursions.

http://brilliance.ahecht.com/

This is our first time on Radiance class, but we love RCCL and look forward to a great 2 week cruise, and meeting lots of new people!!

Hi Samzgirl84.......definitely check out our roll call (thread) for this Oct. repositioning cruise as JBSteeler fan has posed the link above.....ahecht has done a wonderful job creating a website for us.... you can see all your fellow cruisers, their rooms, where we're staying, etc., etc....

By the way, we're Canadians also, from Ottawa....so come on over to the thread and join in the fun....this will be our 7th consecutive Repo from Boston...on the Jewel for 5 years, then the Brilliance last Oct. and this Oct....we'd also sailed her many times before....she's a beauty of a ship and it's a great itinerary....with wonderful people....when you come on the thread ask any questions you have....there are so many knowledgeable and friendly folks who'll be happy to answer any and all questions you may have.

Looking forward to seeing you on the Roll Call thread....and meeting you in person.:), eh????;)

Loie & Peter