First time out of Galveston: luggage -transportation questions

I noticed earlier when you posted about your friends who got the wrong day (day after) for their flight and missed their cruise, you were going on NOS in May! Also you are an AZ Girl! Wonder if we have ever met? We have neighbors we just met at a recent function who travel RCI a lot.

Galveston transportation has been discussed/cussed a lot on these boards. Some get a ride back to the airport and take the cruise line transport back. We used a limo the last time, which was about the same as cruise transport. Some have rented a car, stayed in Galveston & left the car there to bring back as there is no place to turn it in. Others have turned the car in up the road (can't remember the city but north of Galveston) then got another one or took cruise transport back to the airport. It is rather complicated sounding but doable!

We are going on NOTS in March and have opted to stay at an airport hotel the night prior and take a car service to the cruise. The round trip total from IAH is about $300 plus tip. From Hobby, it is about $275. :)

TY, this is what I am finding, pretty expensive for transportation to the pier.

I noticed earlier when you posted about your friends who got the wrong day (day after) for their flight and missed their cruise, you were going on NOS in May! Also you are an AZ Girl! Wonder if we have ever met? We have neighbors we just met at a recent function who travel RCI a lot.

Galveston transportation has been discussed/cussed a lot on these boards. Some get a ride back to the airport and take the cruise line transport back. We used a limo the last time, which was about the same as cruise transport. Some have rented a car, stayed in Galveston & left the car there to bring back as there is no place to turn it in. Others have turned the car in up the road (can't remember the city but north of Galveston) then got another one or took cruise transport back to the airport. It is rather complicated sounding but doable!

Hello, I honestly remember if we have met, where are you in AZ? Have you been to any of the AZ get togethers? Perhaps we've met on a cruise.

I think we will do a limo or super shuttle to the pier. We are just now making our flight arrangements.

Edited by Arizona Cruz Chic

Hello, I honestly remember if we have met, where are you in AZ? Have you been to any of the AZ get togethers? Perhaps we've met on a cruise.

I think we will do a limo or super shuttle to the pier. We are just now making our flight arrangements.

Been out here for years, but must have missed anything about AZ get togethers! Galveston is a high cost to the port but just so worth the difference in ports, etc. We stayed in Galveston the last time but thinking we will stay in Houston this time. My niece is in Spring and hope to connect with her & family.

Edited by DaNana