Regent

#1cruisecoach

I am considering trying Regent cruise to western Mediterranean this summer. I notice there are no sea days and you are at port until 5 or 6 or later each day. My question is: Is it worth it to pay the price for a Regent cruise ship when you are actually not on the ship except evenings. I would appreciate any and all comments. Thank you.

I am considering trying Regent cruise to western Mediterranean this summer. I notice there are no sea days and you are at port until 5 or 6 or later each day. My question is: Is it worth it to pay the price for a Regent cruise ship when you are actually not on the ship except evenings. I would appreciate any and all comments. Thank you.

The smallest cabin is 300 sq. ft, not including the balcony. The bathrooms are huge---a glass shower, in addition to a separate tub. Your fridge is stocked with sodas, water, beer. You can get all the lattes and cappucinos you can drink. If you don't drink, I think you would be wasting your money. If money is no object, I would go for it!

Most shore excursions & alcohol are included in the price of the cruise

You have to work the numbers & see if this works for you

Some lines when you add up all the extras it may be close to the premium or Luxury cruise prices

It's very personal. First of all it's not all that much more expensive when you add up what's included (sometimes air fare, excursions, drinks, tips etc. etc.)

Second, if great service, a feeling of being totally indulged, laughing when you walk on your ship with no wait:

DSCN1187.JPGhttp:

DSCN1187.JPG

While you watch people lined up for a 1/4 of a mile to board another ship

DSCN1186.JPG

The "free" excursions might make it worthwhile. I enjoy the larger cabins even if you do not have a balcony.And wine with all meals can be a nice treat. Even Mimosas and Bloody Marys in the AM.

• 3 weeks later...
am taking regent march 21-april 8.asian highlights.concerned about unrest in Bangkok and china smog.any comments

China smog is nothing new.

Bangkok unrest is worth worrying about, but if there is real danger to tourists they will skip the port. Contact your travel agent, they have info from the cruiseline about these things. And check the Regent board here at CruiseCritic for more specific info