Hotels an hour or two from Miami

NitsirK21

We are driving to Florida from Ontario for our cruise leaving the POM on Jan 12. We are considering finding a hotel an hour or two from Miami, near the beach, for Saturday night. Then driving to the port on Sunday morning, so I would like to be within an hour or two driving time. This would give the kids a little more time to see the ocean for the first time instead of arriving in Miami later in the day when it will probably already be dark. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was considering Jupiter.

absolutely nothing wrong with the Jupiter - Stuart area altho IMO this is a little more 'retired' and less 'tourist' (dw grew up in Stuart ... her GF owned every liq' lic' in the county at one time!)

You might consider a little farther away. About 200 miles puts you in the Cocoa Beach area ... more touristy IMO (but I live here)

PLENTY of choices near the beach and if you time dinner right you can watch cruise ships depart the port 'tween 4 and 5.....

200 miles out with an average speed on 70 mph + on 95 means you are 3 hours away. For Miami cruises I leave home at 8 and am typically on board enjoying lunch by noon . . . {Sunday morning there will be ZERO traffic and if not careful your ave speed will be much closer to 80 . . . . this is South Florida ... the rules are different here.}

portcanav.jpg

you could get a room at one of these ... visit Jetty Park for beach time (minutes away) then dinner port side at any of the 3 pointed out for family friendly food and a nice view of the ships leaving.

http://www.jettyparkbeachandcampground.com/park_index

Edited by Capt_BJ

We are driving to Florida from Ontario for our cruise leaving the POM on Jan 12. We are considering finding a hotel an hour or two from Miami, near the beach, for Saturday night. Then driving to the port on Sunday morning, so I would like to be within an hour or two driving time. This would give the kids a little more time to see the ocean for the first time instead of arriving in Miami later in the day when it will probably already be dark. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was considering Jupiter.

I'm a big fan of Singer Island however Jupiter, Palm Beach, any would be just fine.

We stayed in Palm Coast last year at the Hilton Garden Inn and enjoyed our stay there. However I think it is more than an hour from Miami but might be an option for you.

Edited by Marie51

Delray Beach and Deerfield Beach are within your time range. We recently stayed at the Wyndham in Deerfield and it was nice and in a great location, in the middle of everything and with a view of the pier.

Edited by royalcruz