Chukka Beach

shun

Hello, we are going on the Oasis in March and was wondering if the ship goes to Chukka Beach. I've read a lot of reviews for it but can't find it in excursions? Does anyone have any input? Sorry it's in Jamaica.

Thank You

Edited by shun

The ship docks in Falmouth. Chukka Beach is an excursion which was offered by the ship. Search for excursions for your cruise. Some of RCI's ship beach excursions have recently been dropped and are no longer available.

We are on Serenade in a couple of weeks. Chukka has been replaced by Red Stripe Beach. Info on red stripe that I have found said that it is 5 min. away. Chairs are an extra $5. There is little shade and no umbrellas to rent. You can only go there with a ship excursion. Our ship lists the excursion as $28 pp for 3 hours.

I found transport to Dr. Cave Beach on Montego Bay for $20 pp through Jaital transfers. Entrance to beach is $6 pp, chairs $6. Reviews on trip advisor for jaital and Dr. Cave Beach were very good. We are considering this.

Once you dock in Falmouth, you can walk all the way to the end of the shopping area. There is a white "tent" area....these are the reps from Chukka. They can arrange to taxi you to the beach and back....Save some money.

Same transportation, same sand, same water, same chairs, same food (the jerk Chicken rocks!).