Excursions

JollyMia

Hello All,my partner and I are going on the Baltic's Cruise in July visiting Oslo,Gothenberg,Tallin St Petesburg(taken Care Of),Helsinki,Copenagen, Bruges and given the short amount of time spent at each place.What are the must see places and things to do?:confused:

Come over to the Northern Europe board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=192

and do some reading. Each of these ports is covered extensively. Don't worry about what is "must see", look for what interests you most. That will make it a must see.

Some of these ports can be a do it yourself (DIY) quite easily, some will be better seen by tours. Also look at the website for your cruise line's excursion offers. You don't have to use their excursions, but it will give you a lot of info.

I agree, take yourself over to the other board where this is covered, however here are a few favourites of mine

St petersberg - take a 2 day tour, the private ones charge for 2 days what the ship charged for 1 and you need to go with a group as per visa requirements.

Brugge, take a taxi into the centre for about 25 euro each way but book one to come back as they are hard to get coming back - a walk around and ride on the river is recommended

Hello All,my partner and I are going on the Baltic's Cruise in July visiting Oslo,Gothenberg,Tallin St Petesburg(taken Care Of),Helsinki,Copenagen, Bruges and given the short amount of time spent at each place.What are the must see places and things to do?:confused:

I would heartily recommend STP Tours for private touring. We used them in Tallinn, St Petersburg, and Helsinki. A wonderful company!

And a Segway Tour is the very best way to see Bruges!