Studio Cabin on Radiance

I think so also, middle is probably your best choice.

Yep thats correct, so as you leave your cabin at the end of hallway you'll turn left for a few meters then exit to your right into the centrum. The only entrance to MDR for deck 4 is from the opposite side of the ship so everyone heads that way. (That big rectangle in the middle of the floor plan is part of the general staircase)

Actually on 70's night when they had the party in the Centrum, I had to go back to my room to drop off something, I didn't hear the party once inside.

Have a great trip once it comes around.

Aaron

Thanks.. the cruise is still almost a year from now but will look forward to it.

I booked a Studio Balcony on the Quantum next year, unfortunately the ship isn't built yet and there are no actual pictures. This will be quite a step down for me as I am used to JS, but I thought with a new ship I might be out of the cabin more than in it.

Glad to hear from some one who has been there, the deck plans are really deceptive. With what you have added I might risk it for a cruise I really want to go on. I am looking at the 11 day Scandanavian & Russia for next year on the Serenade, now I may consider the studio cabin option.

By the way, with all of the discussions about the 200% being charged on just about all cruises, my focus is more on value than the double per person charge. For most cruises I will not pay more than $200 a day, so if the doubled fare comes out to that or less I will still book ( I just booked the Explorer for Feb 26 2015) but I will look at the per day and depending on the itinerary and ship make my decision. I know I will book a lot less because the value is just not there for most of the cruises, especially last minute or older ships.

I'm so happy to read these reviews, especially that noise isn't an issue. I have the middle interior cabin booked on the Brilliance later this year. I grabbed it when it showed up with no supplement. I had a regular interior cabin booked, but with no supplement, the price was half of what I had originally booked. Decided for the price, I had to give it a try. It's still a ways off, but I plan to take pictures and post since there are not a lot of picture available that I can find.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Has anyone tried to do a mock booking on the studio staterooms to see if singles are paying less in a Studio Inside than in a regular stateroom? I tried it for an April 2015 cruise on Brilliance, and it doesn't look like it.

If I were traveling with two other people, and they were sharing an inside stateroom on deck 4 (so we could all be on the same deck, at least) and I was in a SI, they'd be paying $504.00 each (plus Taxes/Fees), while I'm paying $1,008.00. Exactly double. I can get a regular Inside for the same price. So, either way, I'm paying a Single Supplement.

Are there any ships where singles only pay single cruise fare in a Studio Inside? If not, the question is, are singles still getting double points if they book in a Studio Inside?

That was the point from my earlier post. These solo cabins can be more than a regular inside for a solo even with the 200% rate, they are 2/3 the size of a regular inside, and you don't get double points. Why would you want to do that? Being on the same deck as friends can be overrated and not worth paying a premium for.

I sailed for 15 days in a cat Q on deck 2 and really liked it. Convenient to the elevators and only two flights up to the Centrum. Super quiet hallway with little traffic.

Are there any ships where singles only pay single cruise fare in a Studio Inside? If not, the question is, are singles still getting double points if they book in a Studio Inside?

to answer your question, for my case, the studio room I booked in Radiance, the supplement is 150%. I took it because it is better than paying 200%. It's for a 14 day cruise so that 50% supplement price difference is quite significant.

As for the points, I'm afraid studio counts only 1 point per night. It's on the fine print at the crown and anchor tier levels page.

Studio stateroom category is SI or SB, and specifically, the fine print says all solo cruisers get double points except for SI or SB. while 3 points if JS or higher.

so basically, booking a studio would get you back to the old times where supplement is not 200%, but you get only 1 point per night..fair enough

Edited by roquejo