Studio Cabin on Radiance

Has anybody ever done the studio cabins on Radiance? I've got one on 24 hour hold for Alaska this summer. 108 square feet isn't much, but, I should be able to manage. RC's website says it has a virtual view - anybody have any info - Thanks!
:confused: Do you mean a inside cabin? I have been on the Radiance & the Jewel, very beautiful ships.

:confused: Do you mean a inside cabin? I have been on the Radiance & the Jewel, very beautiful ships.

Studio interior staterooms were recently added. Smaller than interior and designed for solo travellers.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=04&shipCode=RD&shipProfile=1530&sailDate=1140111&hasNavigation=false

We saw the deck 4 Studio cabins on the Serenade a few weeks ago and they are tiny but looked like they were big enough for a single cruiser. I would not want to spend a lot of time in there but not having to pay a single supplement is a wonderful for single cruisers. The cabins were where the Diamond breakfasts used to be held. We only saw an inside studio but there were windows in the Diamond breakfast area so I imagine that there are Studios with a window. Can anyone confirm.

Just checked the deck plans and there are no window Studios. They made 4 new OV cabins. Only 3 Studios on deck 4. Seems like a small number.

Edited by Tim,n,Sue

Do any other ships offer the studio interiors?

Radiance class except for Jewel. If you are talking about other cruise lines, Norwegian has single person rooms. They actually have a exclusive singles lounge area where the single rooms are for the singles to mingle!

I officially booked it

WTG, Mcruiser!! So excited for you and your Alaskan itinerary!

On the chance you haven't yet seen a photo of the SI cabin, here's one from the Serenade. Since all the SI cabins are a recent addition to the existing ships, wouldn't you imagine they are very similar in layout on the Radiance since it's the same class of ship? Check out message #7 on this link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1939009 as it has a link to a photo.

And, with all the talk about missing credits from our December cruise, message #6 on the above linked thread caught my eye. Single versus double credits for SI cabins. But then you are one of those highfalutin Diamond (+ or -, not sure which level) :p members so this here rookie is probably telling something you already know!! :eek:

Will their be room for your "friends" that you always take along on your cruises?

Well, the room is designated as being for one person, they don't say anything about dinosaurs, so, I'm sure there will be plenty of room for Mr Chops Rusty Nutcracker Grille, III.

And, with all the talk about missing credits from our December cruise, message #6 on the above linked thread caught my eye. Single versus double credits for SI cabins. But then you are one of those highfalutin Diamond (+ or -, not sure which level) :p members so this here rookie is probably telling something you already know!! :eek:

Thanks for the photos, it looks fine. Wait, I'm been demoted to a Diamond Minus? I did hear about the points, that's cool, I don't cruise for the points, just thankful for anything I get, especially now. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On the chance you haven't yet seen a photo of the SI cabin, here's one from the Serenade. Since all the SI cabins are a recent addition to the existing ships, wouldn't you imagine they are very similar in layout on the Radiance since it's the same class of ship? Check out message #7 on this link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1939009 as it has a link to a photo.

The Studio Cabins were added to Radiance back in 2011 when she had her enhancements, but they have just recently released them to the public for booking. They had been used for the Entertainment on board up until a few months ago.

Edited by cruisenfever

I believe they are offered on Brilliance, Serenade, Radiance, and Quantum.

I booked one on the Brilliance for a Baltic cruise in 2015. A bit nervous but am used to interior cabins. The Baltic cruises are more expensive than many others so am giving it as whirl! The cost savings will pay for my air fare.

I looked at these on the Serenade as a possibility but it seemed to me the location would be very noisy, right off the centrum lobby, with public areas all around, and above & below. Not sure I'd want to risk not being able to sleep. On Quantum they are on the end of a hallway, next to a family suite.

For solo travelers, these cabins are the standard RCL answer to our concerns about the expanded 200% pricing, yet there are only 4 cabins per ship, wow that really helps out solos. Speaking for myself, I do not find this an acceptable alternative and at this point do not intend to book any major cruises in 2015. I'm glad it works out for some folks, just not for me.

Fran - I booked the Serenade repo in Oct 2015 and these solo cabins are more expensive than a Q or N inside with the 200% supplement! Needless to say I am in a regular inside getting a bigger cabin and double points for less money. I agree about the location of these cabins - a little too close to the Centrum which on the Brilliance seemed to run nonstop with activities, music and events.

Yeah, even in Radiance, location is a problem, it is near the hallway going to MDR.

But I won't cancel my booking because of that due to cost issues, the price of inside cabins just increased by more than 100% in less than a month after I booked that solo cabin..

Insides is now around $2,000 per person!!

I had originally booked a studio for my cruise on the Serenade this November but I was a little concerned about the location and the amount of noise. I was able to get an ocean view for only $24 more due to a MA resident discount :)

I had one of those ocean view cabins (4584) in the same hallway as the Studio Single rooms on Radiance. Noise was no issue what so ever but the location was amazing! 10 seconds to the centrum.

I did see inside the studio interior room and the bathroom was bigger then my cabin, so thats a plus ;)

Hope that helped

Aaron

Edited by flying.high

I had one of those ocean view cabins (4584) in the same hallway as the Studio Single rooms on Radiance. Noise was no issue what so ever but the location was amazing! 10 seconds to the centrum.

I did see inside the studio interior room and the bathroom was bigger then my cabin, so thats a plus ;)

Hope that helped

Aaron

I've checked the deck plans and the studio stateroom I booked is just accross yours..so perhaps it is my future stateroom that you have viewed.

Yes, it is indeed very close with both centrum and cascades dining room on both sides, but how come noise is not an issue with it being a high traffic area as it is the middle of the MDR and Centrum?

Is it because the staterooms are soundproof?

Edited by roquejo

Arh the middle studio? I saw the furthest end one but it did look very nice (sorry no pics). If the price is right go for it.

The hallway cuts down the noise quite a lot as you need to turn left walk then turn right into the hallway from the Centrum, not directly connected. But once I was in my room and closed the door absolutely zero noise. I would not hesitate to book here again and actually since there are less people in the hallway its even better :)

In the beginning when I booked I was also thinking the same... Noise... But proved me wrong and we were all very happy, its also great if you forget something to run back quickly ;)

Here is a photo of my room (4584) for reference.

Feel free to ask if you have more questions.

Aaron

2ihbho9.jpg

Edited by flying.high

I think the middle studio would be better as it is even more quiet than the farthest one.

I do think the larger bathrooms somewhat compensated the smaller stateroom room size.. since the bathroom is larger, it eats away some of the room size as well.

Ah so that is why the noise is filtered out, you have to turn in the hallway to reach the Centrum or the main dining hall.

Thanks for that very helpful info, as the deck plan lacks details so looking at it one might think that both the Centrum and the MDR are directly connected to the hallway in a straight line.. which will create a serious noise problem coming from both sides.

I think so also, middle is probably your best choice.

Yep thats correct, so as you leave your cabin at the end of hallway you'll turn left for a few meters then exit to your right into the centrum. The only entrance to MDR for deck 4 is from the opposite side of the ship so everyone heads that way. (That big rectangle in the middle of the floor plan is part of the general staircase)

Actually on 70's night when they had the party in the Centrum, I had to go back to my room to drop off something, I didn't hear the party once inside.

Have a great trip once it comes around.

Aaron

Edited by flying.high