Photo of Studio Interior Stateroom, Serenade of the Seas?

suewms1

I am considering a cruise on the Serenade of the Seas out of New Orleans. I will be sailing as a single, and am considering one of the Studio Interior Staterooms (category SI) on deck 4. Does anyone have a photo of this room? The photo on the Royal Caribbean site is of the regular, larger interior room.

Thank you!

Even if you don't have a photo of the SI stateroom, has anyone stayed in this room? If so, was it uncomfortably small? I would appreciate any comments from people who have experience with this class of stateroom.

Thank you again.

Sue

Even if you don't have a photo of the SI stateroom, has anyone stayed in this room? If so, was it uncomfortably small? I would appreciate any comments from people who have experience with this class of stateroom.

Thank you again.

Sue

Haven't stayed in this room but RCI's cabin sizes on their deck plans are pretty close to being to scale. This cabin does not appear to be that much smaller than the regular inside cabins. Having stayed in the inside cabins on the Monarch and Majesty ( the smallest cabins in the fleet) I would say that you would definitely be fine as a solo traveller in this cabin.

That will be great to get a photo of these cabins.

Please note that the new SB and SI categories were listed in the exceptions for the new 'extra' point policy for singles, meaning they only get one C&A point per day and not two.

When I priced these cabins on a cruise they were coming up as the same cruise fare as the Q Inside cabins, that would get two points. That only matters if you are after points.

The cabins are new. They were not offered when I was on Serenade directly after the revitalization last December. I was originally booked in one of the outsides across the hall, but I changed to an outside guarantee 2 days before sailing and ended up with a balcony on the hump. That is why I was really paying attention to the deck plans at the time and remember they were not offered then. The Q cabins right on the Centrum were new as well with the re-fit.

• 3 months later...

I just researched these cabins. The solo cabins are cat SI and are 102 sq ft. whereas an inside is 160 sq ft for all categories. You get one point/day for the SI cabins and 2 points/day for the regular insides. I recently booked a Serenade inside that cost less than the solo inside even at 200%.

For me a deck 2 inside is a much better overall deal - more points and less price. I did a TA on the Brilliance on deck 2 and was very happy with that hallway. The room was close to the elevator and close to the Centrum. A regular inside is very comfortable for one person with the beds separated.

Do a dummy booking for a regular inside before you make a final decision.

Trust me I took everything into consideration before taking this cabin. I had an inside Q at double the SI category price. For a large savings from the price standpoint, it's a huge win. For the significant savings, I'll give up the extra seven points. The itinerary I'm on is just plain expensive.

The cabin size is fine, really just curious if there is a chair in the corner. It looks like there might be and I was told there was, but you never know. I'd also love to see how many drawers (if any!) are in the vanity and what the closet looks like. Also curious about the sound since it's near the dining room. I figure if the cabin is loud, there are ear plugs and cocktails to aid in better sleep. How bad can it be? I'll be on a cruise!

• 2 months later...

Thank you for the picture of the SI room, I am looking at cruising out of New Orleans in 2015, as a solo passenger and was wondering what the room looked like. I am currently booked on the epic but will be changing that asap :)

Sorry I didn't check this thread sooner. The Serenade room is fine for me, but since itinerary doesn't matter to me, I think I'll stick with NCL. I liked the location of RCCL studio, but the lack of effort of a solo cruise director on RCCL is a big drawback.

Every day, RCCL listed solo gatherings at noon, but you couldn't tell who was solo or who was drunk. With NCL, the studio lounge helps with that.

I'm now looking at the Brilliance, because with it's few studio cabins, it looks like RCCL is cheapest.

On a similar note, NCL is great about upgrading if prices drop. I just returned from the brand new a Getaway, where I booked a studio Easter week, and the price dropped, so I was upgraded to a balcony !

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app