Haven cabin location

steilkurve

Hello all. Considering booking Norwegian Getaway in a Haven 2-bedroom family suite. What's the best location for that cabin category? Deck 16 has Haven pool and restaurant but public decks above and 15 has cabins above but gym next door. Looking for advice from those who've tried a similar cabin on breakaway on what would be the quietest location. Thanks in advance.

From friends who sailed Breakaway:

The side over the exercise room and under vibe is quieter. They had 16720 on that side and 16106 on the other side

Their Group had complaints that the sundeck(100) side was noisierat nite than the vibe side as vibe is closed at night, as is the exercise room

That all being said- all the rooms were quieter on 16 except than 15 except the 2 suites adjoining the aft Os

Sorry that I don't have this listed as starboard/ port but I am not home and on an iPad.

They also met the couple who stayed in 16722 next to the restaurant and they said that heard no noise from the Haven rest.

apologies for typos

Edited by DrNora

Great advice and input DrNora. Thanks. We were concerned about the exercise room sounds.

We are focusing on 16720. 16722 sleeps one less person than the other S4's and appears smaller. We definitely are going to book on 16.

Have you seen the images and comments here in the clickable visual aid link for the S4? Specifically about the shared veranda enclaves/recesses.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkRUeqCmOMnGdFZWTVVzZndrc0NkN1N0TGpZb2ZYU2c&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Also fwiw;

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1943444&highlight=breakaway+s4

HTH

Edited by bear3412

From friends who sailed Breakaway:

The side over the exercise room and under vibe is quieter. They had 16720 on that side and 16106 on the other side

Their Group had complaints that the sundeck(100) side was noisierat nite than the vibe side as vibe is closed at night, as is the exercise room

That all being said- all the rooms were quieter on 16 except than 15 except the 2 suites adjoining the aft Os

Sorry that I don't have this listed as starboard/ port but I am not home and on an iPad.

They also met the couple who stayed in 16722 next to the restaurant and they said that heard no noise from the Haven rest.

apologies for typos

Ok. Thanks. So you're saying deck 16 cabins with sun deck above is quieter than deck 15 with cabins above and below?

Ok. Thanks. So you're saying deck 16 cabins with sun deck above is quieter than deck 15 with cabins above and below?

I am only telling you what Olga and Alec told me

Seems there Is noise from whatever is across from the suites on 15

But I have never been there yet .

Sorry!

What is the GV on BA?

Hi. The GV is the Garden Villa.

We wanted to come out of our cabin and be RIGHT in the Haven, which is Deck 16.

So, on Deck 16 you have two sides. One side has the "public" sundeck above you.

The other side has the "Haven ONLY" sundeck above you. That is the side I booked

and it is the first S4 right next to the Garden Villa. I figure it will be less quiet, especially the beginning of August, which I'm sure will be a full sailing.

We always booked with cabins above/below us but also sailing with my mom (who actually

is taking my family) and she wanted to be right in the Haven. Hope this helps and let us know what you end up booking.

Edited by js

The other side has the "Haven ONLY" sundeck above you. That is the side I booked

and it is the first S4 right next to the Garden Villa. I figure it will be less quiet, especially the beginning of August, which I'm sure will be a full sailing.

We always booked with cabins above/below us but also sailing with my mom (who actually

is taking my family) and she wanted to be right in the Haven. Hope this helps and let us know what you end up booking.

There is no GV on Breakaway or Getaway. There are DOS that can connect to a smaller suite.

There is no GV on Breakaway or Getaway. There are DOS that can connect to a smaller suite.

Sorry, yes the DOS that connects to the smaller suite. I booked the same side as the DOS that connects to the smaller suite below the Haven sundeck (the first S4).

Edited by js

I am only telling you what Olga and Alec told me

Seems there Is noise from whatever is across from the suites on 15

But I have never been there yet .

Sorry!

Thanks. Noise from across was the gym I assume? Anyone else has experience with this?

Thanks. What's the experience from other folks who've sailed breakaway. Is the private Haven sun deck noisy at night/early morning?

I wasn't sure if you were using "GV" to mean something other than Garden Villas since Breakaway doesn't have any GV. We did pick that same side since you are either under the Haven sundeck or Vibe on that side.

Thanks. What's the experience from other folks who've sailed breakaway. Is the private Haven sun deck noisy at night/early morning?

Although I haven't sailded in this cabin yet until August, I can tell you if you want to be directly in the Haven then you only have two choices, which is under Haven Private Sundeck or Public Sundeck.

Although I haven't sailded in this cabin yet until August, I can tell you if you want to be directly in the Haven then you only have two choices, which is under Haven Private Sundeck or Public Sundeck.

Thanks. I very much want to be in The Haven directly. I may take a chance and book under the private Haven sun deck. I remember the private Concierge sun deck on Disney Fantasy being barely used and always quiet. Hopefully the same would be true of Getaway's.

Thanks. I very much want to be in The Haven directly. I may take a chance and book under the private Haven sun deck. I remember the private Concierge sun deck on Disney Fantasy being barely used and always quiet. Hopefully the same would be true of Getaway's.

That is where I am booked.

I also didn't want to be next to the Haven Restaurant and wanted the least amount of foot traffic possible so that is why I booked my cabin where I did (16706).

We struggled with this too and eventually booked on deck 16 under the cabanas of Vibe. Since we have 2 cabins booked next to other, we wanted the balconys to not be separated by the bathroom so that hopefully we will be able to open the balcony divider and use it as one larger balcony for the family. I figured that Vibe may be noisier than the Haven sundeck, But being under the cabanas would probably not be as noisy as they can only be used by whomever paid for them, thus probably not as much foot traffic there.

Edited by maja651

The problem with DCL Fantasy is that it isn't too close to a pool (even though the Haven pool is tiny) like BA and GA, at least IMO.

Question for you all. Am almost ready to book Getaway. Will be the first week of March 2014. There are tons of cabins left. Seems odd for a new ship in its first few sailings. Shouldn't it be close to full? Is NCL good with new ships or do they need longer ramp up time than other lines? Thanks.

Question for you all. Am almost ready to book Getaway. Will be the first week of March 2014. There are tons of cabins left. Seems odd for a new ship in its first few sailings. Shouldn't it be close to full? Is NCL good with new ships or do they need longer ramp up time than other lines? Thanks.

Ok. Decision made! We booked Getaway for March, 2-bedroom villa under private Have sun deck. I'll let you all know how it is.

Question for experienced NCLers. Is Haven restaurant open for all meals or just breakfast and lunch? And reservations necessary or is it open seating? Finally, what's the menu like? Unique or essential that of MDR?

Thanks.

Ok. Decision made! We booked Getaway for March, 2-bedroom villa under private Have sun deck. I'll let you all know how it is.

Question for experienced NCLers. Is Haven restaurant open for all meals or just breakfast and lunch? And reservations necessary or is it open seating? Finally, what's the menu like? Unique or essential that of MDR?

Thanks.

It is open for all meals, and no reservations needed. They have a hostess who will seat you.

Please take lots of pictures and especially of the balcony! I know it is small, but I have yet to see a picture that shows the whole balcony.

Thanks and have fun! We will be on the ship just 3 moths after you! :)

Ended up booking 16706. I'm breaking my own rule of always having cabins above and under mine but we wanted to be right IN The Haven. The other side has cabins under but a public sundeck above. Not too crazy about that. The cabin we chose has the private sundeck above and the thermal suites below. Taking the bet it will be quiet. Can't imagine noise coming from the thermal suites, right? Has anyone got experience with that specific cabin location on Breakaway?

Just curious for those of you who book the Haven...is there a specific reason you go with the Haven instead of spending the same money on a more "exclusive" ship. Trying to decide what makes the Haven worth the extra money (I know all the extras that come with it, but you would get pretty pampered on some other ships too).