Miami airport to Ft Lauderdale Hotel

kelly kipper

I have seen a lot of recommendations for SAS and Michaels, but they do not service Miami airport and I do not like the idea of waiting at a desk for a shuttle to have space (which I have seen with American shuttle)

Can anyone recommend a reliable service to take us to a Ft Lauderdale hotel from Miami and collect us 2 weeks later from same hotel back to airport for international flight

Man Thanks

The Super Shuttle (the shuttle company with the blue vans) goes to Ft. Lauderdale hotels from Miami Intl. Airport. I used them last Sept. to get to the Embassy Suites. Just book a round trip with them and you can use their website to do it.

We are also flying into Miami and staying in Ft. Lauderdale. I spoke with Jeff of Jiffy Jeff last night. He said that if he could pick us up it would be 2:00 p.m. or later. The early mornings are spent taking people from the ship and late morning early afternoon they are bringing people to the ship. We get in around noon and don't want to wait 2 hours. We would consider taking the train to Ft. Lauderdale but we are arriving on a Sunday and the Sunday schedule is not very good. We are using SAS from hotel in Ft. Lauderdale to POM. We have used them in the past and had a very good experience. We currently have a car rental in place approximately $180 for two days. Recently saw a deal with Budget -- almost seemed too good to be true. Any suggestions are appreciated !!:)

Depends on how many are in your party and how you want to work things budget-wise.

If there are just two of you Super Shuttle works out cheapest (around 33 USD per person) but bear in mind you may not get a straight run to your hotel. We were on the shuttle for 90 minutes as it went round residential areas between MIA and Fort Lauderdale before continuing on to our hotel. After a transatlantic flight we really weren't up to that so we decided for the future to bite the bullet and pay a bit extra for a private car service.

If there are more than two of you, you can try companies like Holland Limo and Larry's Limos, both of which are mentioned often here. We have used Holland Limo and found them to be good; nice van and pleasant driver. We booked with the meet and greet service, which costs a little bit extra, but I believe they also have a system where the driver waits in the cell lot and you phone when you are through customs. I have seen this mentioned on Larry's site too.