Holland Heavenly Beds

pinnaclegirl

a friend ordered these beds on the HA website (while at sea). Couple weeks after getting them, they found the exact same item for sale at a local retailer for 400.00 less :rolleyes: they were bummed...

as to your specific question re: durability, they have now been using it for several years and are still happy with it.

Edited by TraelorMex

I think the ships' beds, as they are actually two beds pushed together, are probably more sturdy than, say, a regular queen.

Ann, my new queen bed from Sleep Country Canada is far more sturdy than the HAL beds. That crack in the middle on the HAL beds drives me nuts. I'm like the princess and the pea. I feel every wrinkle in the sheets.

Edited by solocanadian

After many cruises on the cement mattresses on Princess,I was looking forward to the HAL beds I heard so much about,but was disappointed that they were not as soft as I was told.We always asked for 2 eggcrate pads on Princess but were pleasantly surprised at the pillow tops on the Royal.After sleeping on a waterbed for 40 years a hard mattress becomes very painful.We are on Nieuw Amsterdam and hope we get something a bit softer than usual.Does HAL offer some sort of a pad?

Among the best in the cruise industry.

Sail on another cruise line, and you'll notice the difference.

We love HAL beds. They are firm but soft on top. I actually look forward to bedtime to get into that cozy comfy bed. The ship's gentle rocking is the icing on the cake.

I have no doubt that you can find the same bed for a lower price, just without the cache of "Holland America".

At home, I sleep on a good quality 20 year old mattress & box spring with a high quality piece of 2" memory foam on top--that is heavenly. As a result, I find the HAL beds to be veritable ROCKS and I suffer mightily on every cruise--despite carrying a my own memory foam pad with me--sore hips, sore shoulders, aching back, stiff neck.

I love cruising, but I always greatly anticipate that first night back home and finally getting a good night's sleep on my own wonderful bed.