Bill we will so miss you

uktog

After taking our first Azamara cruise last year I am a relative Newbie to this Board. I loved reading the requests then wonderful replies that Bill was able to provide.

Thank you Bill for all your kindnesses. May you be sailing for ever in calm waters with warm sun. You are missed.

Haven't been on the forum lately, due to the holidays and was so shocked and saddened to read about Bill.

I would like to add my tribute to all the other, fully deserved tributes.

Bill came across as a very kind, caring, thoughtful man, who, although most of us had never met him, was looked upon as a friend.

I send his wife, son and all his family my heartfelt sympathy, and hope they know that they are enveloped in a great big Azamara hug!

RIP Bill, a true gentleman.

We will be sailing on our first Azamara cruise this summer; thanks in no small part to the efforts of Mr. Leiber. He treated all requests with respect and was sincere in his efforts to reply. He established a civilized timbre for this board which enticed us to try Azamara. May this consummate gentleman rest in peace.

Our sincerest sympathy to his family and friends,

Hi Everyone,

I spoke with Bill's wife, Diane on Wednesday. While it was a difficult conversation, it was also heartwarming, as I learned about Bill's final weeks.

While I hope you will respect that I'd rather not share the personal details, I will say this.... while I always had the utmost respect for Bill, our conversation brought even higher levels of respect & honor for our community's dear friend. Though Bill is no longer with us, he continues to do what he did best - and that's the caring of, and helping others in need.

Diane asked that I share Bill's obituary & donation information, which is published in today's edition of The Record Searchlight. Please click here : http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/redding/obituary.aspx?n=william-d-leiber&pid=168996527

We're going to miss Bill, beyond words can ever describe. G-d bless you my dear friend, and Rest in peace.

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Everyone,

I spoke with Bill's wife, Diane on Wednesday. While it was a difficult conversation, it was also heartwarming, as I learned about Bill's final weeks.

While I hope you will respect that I'd rather not share the personal details, I will say this.... while I always had the utmost respect for Bill, our conversation brought even higher levels of respect & honor for our community's dear friend. Though Bill is no longer with us, he continues to do what he did best - and that's the caring of, and helping others in need.

Diane asked that I share Bill's obituary & donation information, which is published in today's edition of The Record Searchlight. Please click here : http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/redding/obituary.aspx?n=william-d-leiber&pid=168996527

We're going to miss Bill, beyond words can ever describe. G-d bless you my dear friend, and Rest in peace.

Thank you Andy. Much as I'd like to add a comment to Bill's Obituary page, I feel that as I hadn't met him, it would be inappropriate, as it seems to be of a more personal nature.

• 2 weeks later...