Where is Navigator?

Yikes ! I thought hurricane season was over..60 MPH winds in Jan ?

He did say they had an announcement saying they will be sailing at full speed, through 40-60mph winds, and 4-9 meter seas. Best of all....they will not be using the stabilisers. Secure all materials and take care moving around the ship, avoid outside decks. Eeek!

Not sure where they are right now, but this was the waves this morning:

navigatorwaves_zpse02633f6.jpg

Poor husband is sea-sick! He does not sail well, obviously usually he's on a ship in dry dock, so there's no movement, but he always seems to suffer if he has to sail with the ship!

I've still not heard from him (got this from his boss) but I'm hoping I might hear from him late tonight :)

Tell your hubby to get some ginger root capsules if he has to return on the ship after drydock. They work great for sea sickness.

Can't wait to see more pics of the refurb. We are booked in one of the new deck 12 balcony cabins and are excited to see what they look like.

Not sure where they are right now, but this was the waves this morning:

navigatorwaves_zpse02633f6.jpg

Poor husband is sea-sick! He does not sail well, obviously usually he's on a ship in dry dock, so there's no movement, but he always seems to suffer if he has to sail with the ship!

I've still not heard from him (got this from his boss) but I'm hoping I might hear from him late tonight :)

Thank you so much for the photos and the updates. I'm so sorry your hubby is seasick! :( Hope the seas get smoother soon for him! Looking forward for more updates from you! :)

Edited by Ladysilver

Here you go then....it's all I have for now so apologies it's not much...

IMG_1122_zps843d365f.jpg

The line of people kinda makes me think of the animals going two by two into the ark for some reason! :o

cjdixon4, in reply to your post, yes, he works on refits, this is only the second time he's been on an RCCL ship. He worked on the Allure when she was still under construction in Finland. He's done a lot of other cruise lines, mainly Carnival, with some Princess, Celebrity, Holland America and Mein Schiffe as well.

To be perfectly honest, the conditions are not great, yes it's lovely weather in the Caribbean, but you'll soon get very hot once they turn the AC off on the ship! The toilets also only tend to work for a few hours a day, so you can imagine how, umm, nasty they are when you've got 2,000 contractors trying to poop! :rolleyes:

This isn't a sob story, we both know and understand what the work is like, it's dirty, very long hours (he won't have a day off until he comes back in a month) dangerous (he's been in hospital in the Bahamas's before!) etc. But the financial benefits are enough to justify him doing this type of work.

On the other hand he has been to a whole load of places now, although he mostly only sees the airport and the port!

Thank you for sharing photos and your husband! Hope he takes you cruising now and then!

Thank you for the pictures!!! I hope you're husband feels better and you will continue to post updates, if possible.

Finally heard from him, he's in Freeport now so the real work can begin :D

He's sent me a pic of the promenade...

017e1a2612ceb0c36500610c47a1fb7df628cf3d96_zps7c5ede37.jpg

He said there is rubbish everywhere as they cannot offload it at sea, so the ship is in a bit of chaos at the moment, but I'm sure they'll soon sort it out!

DaNana, he isn't interested in a cruise as a holiday, I think he's been on so many ships for work, if he was to cruise it would not feel like a holiday to him. Coupled with the fact he gets sea-sick when he has to sail, I don't think he'd enjoy it much! :)

DaNana, he isn't interested in a cruise as a holiday, I think he's been on so many ships for work, if he was to cruise it would not feel like a holiday to him. Coupled with the fact he gets sea-sick when he has to sail, I don't think he'd enjoy it much! :)

Awe, I must have gotten in too big a hurry and didn't see the post about him being sea sick. :( That is never fun. Thank him and you for sharing though! May you find a holiday that will fulfill all your dreams, perhaps coming to Disney here in the US!

Finally heard from him, he's in Freeport now so the real work can begin :D

He's sent me a pic of the promenade...

017e1a2612ceb0c36500610c47a1fb7df628cf3d96_zps7c5ede37.jpg

He said there is rubbish everywhere as they cannot offload it at sea, so the ship is in a bit of chaos at the moment, but I'm sure they'll soon sort it out!

Thanks for sharing. I hope he is feeling better. Neat to see the work going on! We will be on NV in March and May this year! All spiffied up!