Losing Coke cup during cruise

What are the ramifications of losing the Coke refill cup during the cruise?

Are you just out of luck, or will they replace it? I am thinking along the lines of a kid leaving it somewhere, because an adult would never do such a thing... :)

No ramifications! You don't NEED the cup...they will give you as many drinks as you like in a regular glass!

Yep, I should have clarified my original post. I know I would be set for cokes from bar service and the MDR, but I was thinking in terms of the Freestyle machine specifically. :-)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

On our most recent cruise on Oasis I dropped my cup and it cracked so that the soda filled between the plastic layers. I went to guest relations and asked if it could be replaced, and the rep was very kind and thought it would be no problem. he then took us over to the cafe next door and the woman behind the counter said absolutely not!!! It was going to cost me I think $5 to replace. I just kept using it and tried to drain all the soda out between the plastic layers at night as best I could. It didn't hurt to ask. You might get a different answer from a different person or on a different ship.

I always get the sticker and never use the cup. It stays in the cellophane wrap the entire cruise. I either use the glass provided at the bar or my own sport bottle.

That's fine as long as you never want to use a Freestyle machine because the mugs have an RFID chip in them which will prevent any other cup from getting soda out of one...

I don't see why there should be an issue but can understand the replacement charge.

The only issue that I could see from their perspective is if they feel the cup has not really been lost and it was just to get another cup to use... I am not saying you would do this but I imagine some people would. Is their a way to deactivate the original cup? Just curious...

On my first cruise on Allure in 2012, my cup stopped working. They wouldn't take our word for it and would only replace it if they had the original one back - not an issue for me, happy to hand it over and have one that works properly!

Slightly off topic, we just came off a weeks cruise. When we got into our cabin there was a free style cup (new) on the desk. I advised the room steward no one had purchased the package and didn't know why we had one. He said he would check into it - the cup sat on our desk all week un-used and we left the cup on the desk when we departed.

Just curious to know if that cup could have been used in a free style machine (which we did not do) or is it activated in some way? We didn't have the package so I never would have tried to use it but Im curious.

Slightly off topic, we just came off a weeks cruise. When we got into our cabin there was a free style cup (new) on the desk. I advised the room steward no one had purchased the package and didn't know why we had one. He said he would check into it - the cup sat on our desk all week un-used and we left the cup on the desk when we departed.

Just curious to know if that cup could have been used in a free style machine (which we did not do) or is it activated in some way? We didn't have the package so I never would have tried to use it but Im curious.

They are activated for the length of the cruise, so if it was left behind and never used by the previous people in the cabin, it would not have worked for you guys.

They are activated for the length of the cruise, so if it was left behind and never used by the previous people in the cabin, it would not have worked for you guys.

my experience has been that they are activated for 14 days I guess for b2b cruisers. At least that is what the freestyle machine shows you

my experience has been that they are activated for 14 days I guess for b2b cruisers. At least that is what the freestyle machine shows you

I agree. The 3 times I have had the cup, they have been valid for 2 weeks (according to the machine) and I have only been cruising for 1 week.

If the last people left it, I would assume the attendant thought it had been delivered for your cruise which is why he left it originally... Or someone just made a mistake!

My wife lost her cup on the Allure in October, and they replaced it for the $5 fee.

I just wish they would modify the freestyle machine to allow scanning of your seapass card to get access to the soda. That way you would not have to carry around the cup, and instead could grab a clean glass, fill up your drink. They could still prevent it from being used by people who had not purchased the cup.

In fact using the seapass to access the machine would be better because I could "lose" my cup, and for $5 get another cup, give it to someone else, and viola, they have free soda for the cruise. OTOH giving someone my seapass for the cruise simply would not be acceptable of course.

I just wish they would modify the freestyle machine to allow scanning of your seapass card to get access to the soda. That way you would not have to carry around the cup, and instead could grab a clean glass, fill up your drink. They could still prevent it from being used by people who had not purchased the cup.

I've been saying this for a long time. Let them use a machine that allows you to scan your Seapass card and get rid of the plastic cup. If you have ever gotten a shake to go from Johnny Rockets, well that cup would be perfect for the Freestyle machines.