IS water a free beverage?

My1Day.com

I ask because I was able to find this online:

Lido Deck Restaurant 24/7 Complimentary Beverages

Ships: ALL

The following beverages are available in the Lido Deck Restaurant, 24/7 and are complimentary: Coffee; Hot Tea; Hot Chocolate; Lemonade; Unsweetened Iced Tea.

But is doesn't say anything about water. And is there any type of punch free other then lemonade? RCL had a Gatorade type punch and water all the time at no charge. Just wondered.

Tap water, ie: from the same machines that serve the lemonade and iced tea, is free. Bottled water, on the other hand, in your cabin, and from any of the bars is NOT. Be advised that the tap water is generally good tasting, and healthy. No problem.

"SKY"

As everyone has said, you can definitely get tap water from the fountains. Tastes fine. You could always bring a bunch of bottled water on board with you. Cheaper. ;)

I'm a sweet tea drinker. They only offer unsweetened tea, so I've learned to mix half lemonade and half unsweetened tea to survive. LOL

Have fun! :D

I usually mix the lemonade and ice tea, also. I also bring a few of those 'squeezy' bottles of flavoring to add to the tap water. There are so many varieties to choose from now. My faves are the Dasani Drops, and Crystal Light. Fits in my pocket so it's always handy. :)

Tap (ship) water is free - and safe to drink. However my experience is that even with the desalination treatment, I find that drinking the ship water over a longer cruise (4+ nights) I will get more - shall we say - bloated. Much more than with tap water I have filtered in Brita at home.

I just wondered since it didn't say "un-bottled" water. So the tap will work just fine. Plus Dh & I also like the "squeeze" bottles for flavor. I think DS will get a soda card and we will limit him to just 2 sodas a day.

Figure out the pricing on the sodas before you purchase the bottomless bubbles. If you are only going to allow him 2 per day it might be cheaper to just buy the 2 cans or you are allowed 12 per passenger. I would just bring on a 12 pack for him to use. Much cheaper that way. You can bring on 12 waters or soda per person.

Edited by Mysticks1

I just wondered since it didn't say "un-bottled" water. So the tap will work just fine. Plus Dh & I also like the "squeeze" bottles for flavor. I think DS will get a soda card and we will limit him to just 2 sodas a day.

The soda card is good for the juices (mixes at the bars) and sodas.

If you are going to limit him to two a day the soda card might not be a good idea. For kids it is $4.95/day +15%. You get a glass, not the whole can. A can costs $1.95 +15%grat.

You can also bring some on from any port. Limit is 12/20oz containers per person at the ports.

Be aware in the MDR, especially the first night.... When you sit down, some waiters will walk up with a bottle of water in each hand (one still, one sparkling) and ask if you'd like water, implying that those are your only choices. Once they've served it to you, they ask for your S&S card. Tap water is free but not always offered without you proactively asking for it (vs. paying for bottled water). Iced tea and lemonade are also free but never offered in the MDR without you proactively asking, because it's easier for them to serve everyone tap water.

Very similar to the bar waiters pushing drinks to first-time cruisers on the first day, "Would you like a drink of the day?". Then after you've taken it they ask for your S&S card.

The soda card is good for the juices (mixes at the bars) and sodas.

If you are going to limit him to two a day the soda card might not be a good idea. For kids it is $4.95/day +15%. You get a glass, not the whole can. A can costs $1.95 +15%grat.

You can also bring some on from any port. Limit is 12/20oz containers per person at the ports.

I'd stick with the free water;). On the Mexican Riviera the soda I got was a 90 degree already opened coke can poured over ice, which netted me a flat, watered down not so cold coke.

So..me thinking out loud...if we can bring on 12 cans of soda or water per person and I know there are fridges in the rooms. He can get a cold soda in our room but can he carry one into the Lido for lunch? I know MDR he will not be able to...but that is fine if we tell him milk or chocolate milk only at dinner. Ummm...is there a charge for milk?

DH said to just get the soda card and me stop "micro-managing" everything..LOL...I guess I do drive him crazy at times!!

So..me thinking out loud...if we can bring on 12 cans of soda or water per person and I know there are fridges in the rooms. He can get a cold soda in our room but can he carry one into the Lido for lunch? I know MDR he will not be able to...but that is fine if we tell him milk or chocolate milk only at dinner. Ummm...is there a charge for milk?

DH said to just get the soda card and me stop "micro-managing" everything..LOL...I guess I do drive him crazy at times!!

Actually, you can take your carry on soda anywhere on the ship including the MDR. I'm not a big soda drinker but DH and DD had one they took every night to the MDR and just askednfor a glass of ice. I took one as well one night and no questions asked :D It'll save you lots of money if you carry on the 12 sodas at 20oz size.

Sent from my Nook Tablet using Forums mobile app

He can take the soda with him to the MDR or anywhere else. But, it will get warm fast. Get a tervis tumbler or something similar so he can carry it around that way.... The mini fridge does not get very cold. Milk is free also.