Upgrade from Balcony to Ocean View Suite

dv71617

I'm just getting an offer from Carnival... upgrade from my balcony stateroom to an Ocean View Suite for $200/person (we are 3 adults) on the Valor.

Beside it's a larger stateroom, what are the positive aspects an the negative ones ?

Anyone having pictures of the sofa bed in this kind of stateroom ?

Thanks !

We upgraded from a aft balcony to a Vista Suite -- it was $200 per person regular price - not a an upgrade call, I called them based on the website price.

Personally I don't think you are getting a "deal" just doing an upgrade. But that is just my opinion, there are many with vast more knowledge on here.

We have had 3 adults in a balcony cabin many times. Never had a issue with space. DH would sit on balconly while I assisted my handicap sister with her shower and dressing. Then she would sit on balcony while I showered and dressed. She and I would just take off and do our own thing while DH got showered and dressed.

We have a routine and it works.

Ocean Suite is probably 1.5x width over a balcony cabin. Has a bathroom "suite". Very nice cabins. Lots of closet space. You'll also get priority boarding. Not sure OS is worth additional $600 though.

Edited by mizlorinj