Main Dining Room menus and photos

hawkeyetlse

Since questions regularly come up about the NCL dining room menus, I thought I'd put together a searchable text file of the menus served in the MDR on NCL, based on a recent 10-day cruise on the Jade. During the "behind the scenes" ship tour, I was able to snap photos of the 14 dinners and the core selections that were posted for reference in one of the galleys, so I've included those for illustration.

I know plenty of people have already posted menus all over the place, but they're usually photos (not searchable) and people often lose steam after the first couple of nights… Anyway, here's what I have so far:

NCL Menus

I am missing the following dinner menus:

• dinner 8 (the one with the "seafood and lobster extravaganza")
  • dinners 12, 13, and 14

If anyone can point me to photos of those menus, I'll add them in. Also, if anyone has the lists of Regional Specialties outside of the Caribbean, those seem to be particularly difficult to track down!

As a bonus, on the very last page you can also see what we had for Christmas Dinner on the Jade. (And for the Chef's Table, although that menu has been old news for a while now.)

Thank you for all this information! Very kind of you to share all of this.

A question (it's been ten years since we sailed on NCL): are both the classic and regional menus available in the MDR? If so, which MDR on The Jade? We sail in two days from Rome.

A question (it's been ten years since we sailed on NCL): are both the classic and regional menus available in the MDR? If so, which MDR on The Jade? We sail in two days from Rome.
What I've called "MDR 1" is the larger dining room (Grand Pacific on the Jade). "MDR 2" is the smaller dining room (Alizar on the Jade). They have different "always available" dinner options for starters and mains, but the daily menu is the same in both dining rooms.

I assume that the "regional specialty" is also the same in both dining rooms every night. We usually asked about it, but I can only recall one from our cruise: seafood lasagna (order something else ;)).

The "official" designators are AFT MDR and MID(SHIP) MDR, those are more descriptive than numbers and are universal for all NCL ships. Also at least based on deck plans, the midship MDR on Jewel class ships isn't mentionable smaller, it just seems that way because of the low ceiling and more sections "hidden" behind the corners as opposed to the aft MDR that is pretty much one big space where one can see nearly every corner.

And yep, the specialities are the same in all MDRs.

Edited by Demonyte

This was awesome. We are doing B2B Jade in the Med this May - Rome/Venice and Venice/Venice.

This goes a long way into planning what night to do a specialty instead.

FYI: You will likely see two lobster dishes (menus 1 and 8) during your B2B (on the first night of both legs), can't tell in which order though.

When we sailed on Jade last summer we had menu 8 on embarkation night which was a bummer, I wanted to eat Surf & Turf. :(

Edited by Demonyte

• 3 weeks later...

Just off the Jade after 21 day cruise. No lobster or escargot ever appeared on any MDR menu. Neither did shrimp or duck (except am Asian duck salad). Frankly, the menus and the food were repetitious and bland. Except the salads, which were good, but swimming in dressing. NCL and the Jade do many things well, but the food is average at best.