No suite this time

avamarie98

:eek::eek: Going with 2 friends and sharing a balcony. This will be my first time sailing without a butler or concierge. I THINK I can handle it and am really looking forward to a relaxing week. However I am not sure if there are some things I should pack that I never had to worry about in a suite.

Someone suggested an alarm clock? If any one can think of some other stuff I might need it would be greatly appreciated. I have my Nook, wine and bathing suit so those are the necessities:)

:eek::eek: Going with 2 friends and sharing a balcony. This will be my first time sailing without a butler or concierge. I THINK I can handle it and am really looking forward to a relaxing week. However I am not sure if there are some things I should pack that I never had to worry about in a suite.

Someone suggested an alarm clock? If any one can think of some other stuff I might need it would be greatly appreciated. I have my Nook, wine and bathing suit so those are the necessities:)

You can call for a wake up call if you dont want to bring an alarm clock-I never do. Ive been in balcony cabins and suites and theres nothing different that I bring or dont bring except in a balcony I will bring my dvd player and dvds and in a suite I dont.

Edited by boopsahoy

Ok now ,, breath ......... Non suite cruising is doable .

About day 2 of the cruise when you realize what you have done . Just STOP..

Breath , go to the computer lounge and log into CC .

We WILL be here for you .

It will start as an odd tingling sensation then turn to more of a panicked burning. But dont worry we CAN help you past the episode .

Good luck and Happy sailing .. We'll be waiting .. ;)

May I suggest trying to upgrade to a mini-suite? For my last cruise, I originally booked a balcony because it was just going to be my sister and I. After we added our adult niece, I started worrying that we would have enough room. With my sister's blessing, I started looking at mini-suites and, when the price dropped low enough, we upgraded. I am so glad we did, too. During the cabin crawl on the cruise, I saw one of the standard balcony cabins. We would have been so cramped in one instead of the mini-suite. Just a thought.

I am going to try to persevere through the week. I just know I can do it, especially knowing I can come on cruise critic and get some moral support. It is going to be hard getting in the elevator and not putting my card in the slot on top. No Haven:eek::eek: But I guess if others can do it I can too:)

I didn't realize there was no hair conditioner - that itself could have been a nightmare.

My friends coming with me have never had a balcony so to them we are already traveling in style! Of course my husband is really spoiled and has to have a suite. So we have to leave him home! I told him I would force myself to go on another cruise with him so he can have a suite. He is really demanding.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm sure we will have a fantastic time.

Edited by avamarie98

It will start as an odd tingling sensation then turn to more of a panicked burning. But dont worry we CAN help you past the episode .

I live in CT/RI and just walked down by Taylor Swifts house by the beach... They are still working on her wall(Sea wall) and the waves are really BIG.. I look at those worker and say(To myself) in 15 days I'll be in nothing but SUNSHINE.. We are SOOOOOOO lucky.. ;)

Along with conditioner I would bring the rest of your toiletries. I LOVED the Elemis products and am also going back to a balcony from a suite on our next cruise so they will be greatly missed LOL. You will have a wonderful trip though I'm sure :)

I don't know if I could do it, Matt... Maybe, but then again... They might find me stalking Cagneys in tge morning for Crabcake benedict crumbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I don't know if I could do it, Matt... Maybe, but then again... They might find me stalking Cagneys in tge morning for Crabcake benedict crumbs.

LOVE the crabcakes benedict! We book a suite mainly for the cagneys access!

I would suggest a power strip. I believe you will only have one outlet. Three

women need more then one outlet. Hair dryers, curling irons etc. Plus

Ipads, phones, kindles and cameras. One outlet is not enough for my

daughter and I when we travel.

Elaine

I'm with you one this! And I would be outside Cagney's begging for Crabcakes Benedict!!:o I always say I'm going to just book a balcony.....but it never works! Guess I'm stuck with only cruising once a year!

Im just suggesting its possible , I think . Donna I would never assume you would take such a leap of faith . As a matter of fact , Id bet my last dollar against it :D

For me , Im a lost cause . Last time we booked a mini I almost answered the sirens song ...

Edited by mpk218

I'm loving this thread! I've been thinking about this lately too, as my most recent experience was the Gem Garden Villa, but DH and I are booked in a balcony for a CTN on Breakaway in a few weeks! I think I can survive the two nights. My suggestion is to bring along your patience for non-priority embarkation and disembarkation- ahhhhhhhhh! That would probably be the worst for me, though won't matter as much for my 2 nighter since everything is carry-on. Still nervous though- ha!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

My suggestion is to bring along your patience for non-priority embarkation and disembarkation- ahhhhhhhhh! That would probably be the worst for me...

Last September I surprised my wife with the suite life. One part she (we) will not forget is the breeze-by during the boarding process. When you're whisked past 1,500 people crammed into the main waiting area into a VIP room and then onto the ship 15 minutes after arriving at the port... that's just too cool. Like many people, she can't stand crowds -- the bliss on her face passing all that up was priceless.

So, for us, it's not the DH who insists on the suite, but the DW!

(The other part she won't forget is constantly being referred to as Sir Michael and Madam Elisabeth... She still calls me that... :D )

Im just suggesting its possible , I think . Donna I would never assume you would take such a leap of faith . As a matter of fact , Id bet my last dollar against it :D

For me , Im a lost cause . Last time we booked a mini I almost answered the sirens song ...

I think you have me figured out. Shhhh.

Last September I surprised my wife with the suite life. One part she (we) will not forget is the breeze-by during the boarding process. When you're whisked past 1,500 people crammed into the main waiting area into a VIP room and then onto the ship 15 minutes after arriving at the port... that's just too cool.

That is an awesome surprise! I remember the moment that I was converted to the suite life- it was the last time I sailed in a non-suite, as I was sitting on my carry-on in a random public space waiting for hours for the appropriate color luggage tag to be called. I swore that I simply could not endure that again, especially while trying to keep small children calm, corralled and occupied for the process. I guess I will get a healthy dose of humble pie on this CTN (sans kids, thankfully), but at least we will be returning to the suite life again in June!

Last September I surprised my wife with the suite life. One part she (we) will not forget is the breeze-by during the boarding process. When you're whisked past 1,500 people crammed into the main waiting area into a VIP room and then onto the ship 15 minutes after arriving at the port... that's just too cool.

That is an awesome surprise! I remember the moment that I was converted to the suite life- it was the last time I sailed in a non-suite, as I was sitting on my carry-on in a random public space waiting for hours for the appropriate color luggage tag to be called. I swore that I simply could not endure that again, especially while trying to keep small children calm, corralled and occupied for the process. I guess I will get a healthy dose of humble pie on this CTN (sans kids, thankfully), but at least we will be returning to the suite life again in June!

Do you get whisked past the security line?

Negative ;) When it comes to security , we are all steerage :D

Although Once we were lead to the front . Dont know why.

Same with us! The first time we were brought right to the front but the second time we waited on the security line. Just wondering what was the norm for PH cabins.